OESR is a volunteer-run 501(c)(3) non-profit breed rescue with fosters, adopters, and volunteers throughout the USA, centered around the Great Lakes and surrounding southern states, and originally founded in Ohio.
With so many unwanted animals found as strays or entering shelters every year, we use volunteer power to save this unique, elegant, fun and lovable breed: The English Setter.
With help of our volunteers and donors, we have achieved much over the years, including:
- Rescue of over 400 English Setters from desperate, often urgent situations
- Medical care of those in need, including heart worm programs and necessary surgeries
- Spaying/neutering of all rescues
- Behavioral training, where needed, prior to adoption
- Spreading the word of the importance of dog rescue