of the Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League of the Palm Beaches, Incorporated is to provide shelter to lost, homeless and unwanted animals, to provide spay and neuter and other medical services for companion animals, and to care for, protect, and find quality homes for homeless and neglected companion animals, to advocate animal welfare, community involvement and education to further the bond between people and animals.
is to create a community where 100% of the adoptable animals find loving homes and no animals will be euthanized because of pet overpopulation.
Here is a quick glimpse of how we made an impact in 2021:
- 34,179 Total number of cats and dogs benefited by Peggy Adams' programs and services
- 6,639 Pets placed into loving homes, (of which, 1,776 Cats and dogs were adopted from Pet Store partners) BIGGEST ADOPTION YEAR EVER!
- 7,410 Lost, injured or homeless cats and dogs were provided temporary shelter
- 6,142 Lost, injured or homeless cats and dogs were brought to us by Palm Beach County residents
- 1,268 Cats and dogs transferred in from Animal Care and Control and other local rescues
- 262 Lost pets reunited with their grateful guardians
- 12,681 Total number of spay and neuter surgeries (includes shelter surgeries)
- 5,249 The number of cats and dogs spayed/neutered, vaccinated and microchipped at no cost to the community through grant funding
- 9,312 Pets fed through Peggy’s Pantry Food Bank - a free community pet food bank to help keep animals in their homes when their owners are struggling financially
- 3,588 Affordable vaccinations provided for cats and dogs
- 2,988 Cats and dogs cared for by Peggy Adams' Foster Program who were underage, injured or just needed a little extra love before entering our Adoption Program
- 381 The number of kittens who have been admitted to and cared for within our Kitten Nursery where they received around-the-clock care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- 569 Active Foster Volunteers donated 206,040 hours
- 699 Campus Volunteers donated 38,474 hours of service
Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League is an independent, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization serving Palm Beach County, and does not receive funding from city, state, or the federal government. We rely solely on the generosity of individuals, foundations and corporations to provide quality programs and services to the community. Your donations directly support programs and services to help animals in need here in Palm Beach County.
Be sure to also visit our Shaggy Shoppe Pet Boutique
located within the Grace Pavilion at Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League. Don't have a pet or can't adopt? Please consider volunteering
, collecting items from our wish list
, or donating
to our cause.