Welcome to the St. Augustine Humane Society's 8th
annual Pin Up Paws Calendar Contest! This year we are excited to partner with the St. Augustine Cruisers Car Club to feature both pets and cars in the 2019 "The Fast and the Furriest" Pin Up Paws Calendar!
There will be two contests you can vote in this year: one for local pets, and one for cars from the St. Augustine Cruisers Car Club! The top 13 fundraisers from both contests will win coveted spots in the 2019 "The Fast and the Furriest" Pin Up Paws Calendar! The pet and car with the most votes will be featured on the cover, and 12 pets and 12 cars with the next highest amount of votes will be featured in one of the images for each calendar month. Winners must be present at the special photoshoot after the contest ends.
Voting for your favorite pet and car will help them win a spot in the calendar! Every $1 donated counts as one vote. Be sure to utilize your "vote bank," which will allow you to easily distribute votes to contestants as you browse both contests.
Show your support for the St. Augustine Humane Society by participating in this special fundraiser. All donations will support our lifesaving programs, which help ensure that pets are able to live happy and healthy lives with their loving families!
All local pets are encouraged to enter the contest to win a spot in our calendar! In order to enter your pet, you must include:
- Your Pet's Name
- Your Name
- Your City and State
- Your Contact Information
- A paragraph (limited to 125 words) which tells voters something fun or interesting about your pet. Remember that if your pet wins, this will be shared in our calendar, so be sure to make it engaging!
All cars entered into the contest must be members of the St. Augustine Cruisers Car Club. If a car is entered and it is not a member, it will automatically be disqualified
. St. Augustine Cruisers Car Club members who would like to submit their car must include:
- Car's Year, Make, and Model
- Your Name
- Your City and State
- Your Contact Information
- A paragraph (limited to 125 words) which tells voters something fun or interesting about your car. Remember that if your car wins, this will be shared in our calendar, so be sure to make it engaging!
All contestants must submit their photo to the GoGo Photo Contest website. Sorry, but we cannot accept hard copies. All contestants must be entered in the competition by Thursday, August 2nd
, by 8:00pm.
The entry fee for each contestant is $10. Multiple pets or cars cannon be entered under the same contest page. If you have multiple pets or multiple cars you would like to enter, you must enter them separately. Each $1 donation will count as one vote to the selected contestant. Donors must donate a minimum of $5 (or five votes). A large amount of votes can be stored in the donor's "vote bank," which can be distributed at a later time and to multiple contestants before the contest ends. The deadline to submit all votes online is Saturday, August 4th
, at 8:00pm.
The St. Augustine Humane Society is a 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax deductible. All donations are non-refundable.
- Acceptable picture formats are .jpg, .png, and .gif.
- Pictures may only feature the pet or car being entered into the contest. Do not share a picture that has multiple animals, cars, or people.
- Pictures must be in color.
- Pictures may not be edited or altered, other than minor color, contrast, or sharpness adjustments.
- Pictures must not be from a professional studio or copyrighted.
- Any image that includes content that is deemed inappropriate, indecent, or obscene, as determined by the staff of the St. Augustine Humane Society, or otherwise does not adhere to the rules, will be removed from the contest.
How to Submit your Picture
Please visit pinuppaws.com
and follow the directions to upload a photograph of your pet or car along with up to 125 words describing your photo. By uploading your photo, you give the St. Augustine Humane Society all rights to print, publish, and reproduce the image.
Winners from both the pet contest and the car contest will be determined by the number of votes received per photo. Once a photo is submitted, it will appear in the online gallery, and will be open to voting by the general public. The voting period will end on Saturday, August 4th, at 8:00pm.
Votes must be registered by the online system before the deadline ends to be counted for the contest. If you are submitting votes close to the deadline, please keep in mind the processing time necessary to register votes. We recommend using your vote bank to ensure that credit card processing has happened before, and don't wait until the last 30 minutes of the contest to submit a large amount of votes.
To vote, go to the contestant page you wish to support and donate a minimum of $5 for five votes. When voters donate, they will be given the option to apply all of their votes to one photo, spread their votes over various photos, or store votes in a "vote bank" to be used at a later time. Payments can be made via MasterCard and Visa. All votes are donations to the St. Augustine Humane Society and are fully tax-deductible as permitted by law. All votes for photo submissions will be tabulated and displayed online.
The 13 contestants with the most votes (donations) at the end of the voting period from each of the contests will win a special photoshoot with award-winning photographer, Addison Fitzgerald, and will be featured in the calendar. The pet contestant and the car contestant with the most votes from their respective contest will be paired with each other for the cover of the 2019 Pin Up Paws Calendar. The 12 pets and 12 cars with the next highest amount of votes will be paired with each other to be displayed in one of the images for the calendar months. 12 pets and 8 cars will be runners-up and will each be given a 1 ½ inch space for one of the months using their submitted photograph.
Tips to Help You Become a Winner
The competition gets stronger every year, and we expect this year to be no exception! To help you have the best chance of winning, we've gathered a few tips and hints to help get you into the winners' circle:
- Use the social media links within the contest to promote your pet to your friends and family, and encourage them to share on their pages as well! Remember, the more people who know about your entry the more likely you are to win!
- Create business cards with your direct link to pass out wherever you go over the two month campaign period! Sites like Vistaprint offer specials all the time, so be on the lookout!
- Get cash sponsorships! You can collect cash donations for your pet from friends, family, and acquaintances, then simply apply the amounts yourself, using your own login information and credit card. This is probably one of the easiest ways to get support, because you are collecting the funds directly, and your supporters do not have to create their own Pin Up Paws account. Most people are happy to support the St. Augustine Humane Society, and you can collect any amount—from $1 to $1000!
- Consider a campaign party or get together at your home, or at a local pub or restaurant to raise money!
- And finally, the most important thing you can do to increase donations to your entry is to remind people that every vote is a donation to the St. Augustine Humane Society! We do not take money from the government, and rely completely on donations from our community for the success of our programs. Thank you for your support—we couldn't do it without you!
Notification of Winners
The winning participants from the pet and car contests will be contacted and given instructions on claiming their prizes. The top 13 winners from each contest are required to attend a professional photoshoot with award-winning photographer Addison Fitzgerald. Photo styling is determined by the St. Augustine Humane Society and the photography team. Appointments are limited to August 6th
through August 17th
, as determined by the St. Augustine Humane Society. If a winning pet or car is unable to participate during the designated photography schedule, the pet or car with the next highest amount of votes will be selected as a winner.
The top 13 pets and 13 cars will receive prizes in addition to being featured in the printed calendar. Please visit our prizes
page for complete details.
For questions about the 2019 Pin Up Paws Calendar Contest, please contact Mike Murphy at email@example.com
, or by phone at 904-829-2737 ext. 111.
Thank you for supporting the St. Augustine Humane Society!