Welcome to the St. Augustine Humane Society's 10th
annual Pin Up Paws Calendar Contest! We are excited to announce this year's spy-themed calendar, "Mission PAWSible!"
Pets are encouraged to enter the calendar contest and fundraise for the St. Augustine Humane Society. The top 13 fundraisers will win a coveted spot in the 2021 "Mission PAWSible" Pin Up Paws Calendar! The pet with the most votes will be featured on the cover, and the 12 pets with the next highest amount of votes will be featured in one of the images for each calendar month. Winners must be able to attend the scheduled photoshoot after the contest ends.
Voting for your favorite pet will help them win a spot in the calendar! $1 = 1 Vote. Be sure to utilize your "vote bank" which will allow you to easily distribute votes to contestants as you browse the contest.
Show your support for the St. Augustine Humane Society by participating in this special fundraiser. All donations will support our lifesaving programs which help ensure that all pets are able to live happy, healthy lives with their loving families!
All local pets are encouraged to enter the contest to win a spot in our 2021 "Mission PAWSible" Pin Up Paws Calendar! In order to enter your pet, you must include:
- Your Pet's Name
- Your First and Last
- Your City and State
- Your Contact Information
- A paragraph (limited to 125 words) which tells voters something fun or interesting about your pet. Remember that if your pet wins, this will be shared in our calendar, so be sure to make it engaging!
All contestants must submit their photo to the GoGo Photo Contest website. We cannot accept applications or photos in person at this time. All contestants must be entered in the competition by Thursday, August 6th
, by 8:00pm.
The entry fee for each contestant is $10. While multiple pets can be entered under one contestant page, we highly encourage pet owners to enter each pet separately. If there is a winner with multiple pets in one entry, only one of the pets will be selected as the winner. Each $1 donation will count as one vote to the selected contestant. Donors must donate a minimum of $5 (or five votes). A large amount of votes can be stored in the donor's "vote bank," which can be distributed at a later time and to multiple contestants before the contest ends. The deadline to submit all votes online is Saturday, August 8th
, at 8:00pm.
The St. Augustine Humane Society is a 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Tax information will be sent through GoGo Photo Contest after the donation has been made. All donations are final and non-refundable.
- Acceptable picture formats are .jpg, .png, and .gif.
- Pictures should only feature the pet being entered into the contest. Do not share a picture that has multiple animals or people.
- Pictures must be in color.
- Pictures may not be edited or altered, other than minor color, contrast, or sharpness adjustments.
- Pictures must not be copyrighted.
- Any image that includes content that is deemed inappropriate, indecent, or obscene as determined by the St. Augustine Humane Society may be removed from the contest.
How to Submit your Picture
Please visit pinuppaws.com
and follow the directions to upload a photograph of your pet along with up to 125 words describing your photo. By uploading your photo, you give the St. Augustine Humane Society all rights to print, publish, and reproduce the image.
Winners will be determined by the number of votes received per contestant. Once a photo is submitted, it will appear in the online gallery and will be open to voting by the general public. The voting period will end on Saturday, August 8th, at 8:00pm.
Votes must be registered by the online system before the deadline ends to be counted for the contest. If you are submitting votes close to the deadline, please keep in mind that processing time is necessary to register votes. We recommend using your vote bank to ensure that credit card processing has happened before. It is best not to wait until the last 30 minutes of the contest to submit a large number of votes.
To vote go to the contestant page you wish to support and donate a minimum of $5 for five votes. When voters donate, they will be given the option to apply all of their votes to one contestant, spread their votes over various contestants, or store votes in a "vote bank" to be used at a later time. Payments can be made via MasterCard and Visa. All votes are donations to the St. Augustine Humane Society and are fully tax-deductible as permitted by law. All votes for photo submissions will be tabulated and displayed online.
The 13 contestants with the most votes (donations) at the end of the voting period will win a special photoshoot with award-winning photographer, Addison Fitzgerald, and will be featured in the calendar. The contestant with the most votes will be featured on the cover of the 2021 "Mission PAWSible" Pin Up Paws Calendar. The 12 pets with the next highest amount of votes will be displayed in one of the images for the calendar months. The 12 pets with the next highest amount of votes will be runners-up and will each be given a 1 ½ inch space for one of the months using the photograph submitted to the contest.
Tips to Help You Become a Winner
The competition gets stronger every year, and we expect our 10th
anniversary to be no exception! To help you have the best chance of winning, we've gathered a few tips and hints to:
- Use the social media links within the contest to promote your pet to your friends and family, and encourage them to share on their pages as well! Remember, the more people who know about your entry the more likely you are to win!
- Create business cards with your direct link to pass out wherever you go over the two month campaign period! Sites like Vistaprint offer specials all the time, so be on the lookout!
- Get cash sponsorships! You can collect cash donations for your pet from friends, family, and acquaintances, then simply apply the amounts yourself, using your own login information and credit card. This is one of the easiest ways to get support, because you are collecting the funds directly and your supporters do not have to create their own account. Most people are happy to support the St. Augustine Humane Society, and you can collect any amount—from $1 to $1,000!
- Consider a campaign party to raise money for your pet!
- And finally, the most important thing you can do to increase donations to your entry is to remind people that every vote is a donation to the St. Augustine Humane Society! We do not receive government support and rely completely on donations from our community for the success of our programs. Thank you for your support—we couldn't do it without you!
Notification of Winners
The winning participants will be contacted by the St. Augustine Humane Society and given instructions on claiming their prizes. The top 13 winners are required to attend a professional photoshoot with award-winning photographer Addison Fitzgerald. Photo styling is determined by the St. Augustine Humane Society and the photography team. Winning contestants will be notified of the photoshoot date which will happen within two weeks of the end of the contest. If a winning contestant is unable to participate during the designated photography schedule, the contestant with the next highest amount of votes will be selected as a winner to be featured in the calendar.
The top 13 pets will receive prizes in addition to being featured in the printed calendar. Please visit our prizes
page for complete details.
For questions about the 2021 "Mission PAWSible" Pin Up Paws Calendar Contest, please contact Mike Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or by phone at 904-829-2737 ext. 111.
Thank you for supporting the St. Augustine Humane Society!