Photo Contest Rules and Fine Print...
- Photos must be of companion animals only— no people. All animals must be depicted in a humane and dignified manner. Pinch or choke collars will not be considered, nor will photos of visibly distressed animals.
- Your animal need not be a shelter animal to qualify.
- Digital photos are recommended. Photos must be clear, of good quality and high resolution — 300 dpi or higher in TIFF or JPG format — and no greater than 5MB.
- Once a photo is submitted, it will appear in the online gallery on the Sacramento SPCA website, and be open to voting by the general public. Voting requires a minimum donation of $5 ($1/vote).
- Hard copies may be entered by mail, but photos will not be returned. Mailed photos should be no larger than 4"x 6".
- Please do not write on the back of submitted photos.
- All entries must be in color. No black and white photos will be accepted.
- We reserve the right to decline publication of any photograph for any reason. Should this happen, we will notify you and refund your entry fee if desired.
- We cannot accept Polaroid photos, copyrighted professional photographs or computer generated images.
- All photos become the property of the Sacramento SPCA and may be used as needed at the Sacramento SPCA's discretion.
Calendar Photo Selections
- The calendar is a 13-month calendar [January 2015-January 2016] with the front cover and each month professionally photographed by Purple Collar Photography.
- The top vote recipient will win the coveted cover photo and also be featured as the January 2016 pet.
- The following 12 recipients with the most votes will be eligible to have their pet featured as a full-page pet of the month and will be contacted by the Sacramento SPCA.
- All winners will have their pet professionally photographed by Purple Collar Photography. Winners will receive one complimentary photo session. The Sacramento SPCA will select the photo to be used in the calendar as well as the specific month the photo will be featured.
The cover photo and all pet of the month winners will be scheduled for their photo sessions in April 2014. A Sacramento SPCA representative will schedule each winner. Please note: There will only be a few photo sessions to choose from.
- For dogs: Photo sessions will be outside in a park (location TBD) during the following dates and times:
- 4/5 and 4/6 8:30-11:30AM or 2:30–5:30 PM
- 4/12 and 4/13 8:30-11:30AM or 2:30–5:30 PM Approximately 4-5 dogs can be photographed in a three-hour window.
- For cats and other small animals: Photo sessions will be taken inside the person's home from April 1 – 18. Time slots will be based on availability.
*In an effort to streamline this process with multiple winners and only one photographer, we ask that winners be understanding and patient with scheduling. We will do our best to accommodate each person's needs and appreciate your support.
- All photo entries not selected as pets of the month are guaranteed inclusion somewhere else in the calendar.
- The Sacramento SPCA reserves the right to make all final decisions with regard to pet of the month and cover photo selections.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or (916) 504-2868.