How Much Is The Entry Fee?
The entry fee is $25 per photo. This fee includes one copy of the 2021 wall calendar that will be mailed to you in the fall of 2020. You can make an additional donation during the entry process that will count as votes* toward your submitted photo(s). All proceeds from the contest entries and votes will go directly to support San Diego Humane Society’s vital programs and services.
*A minimum of 5 votes is required for guaranteed inclusion in the 2021 calendar
How Many Photos Can I Enter?
You can enter as many as you'd like!
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Photos of cats, dogs, horses, small mammals, reptiles and birds are accepted
- Your pet does NOT have to be adopted from San Diego Humane Society to be eligible to enter the contest
- Photos may contain more than one pet
- Photos must be high-resolution (300 dpi or higher)
- Photos must only contain pets (no people or wildlife)
- Photos must be in landscape (horizontal) format
- Photos must be full-color, no heavily edited or altered photos
- Photos must feature pets owned by the photographer OR the entrant must have permission to submit the photo.
Can I enter professional photos of my pet?
- Yes, but you MUST obtain permission from the photographer to enter the photo in the contest
- Photographs with photographer’s watermarks will not be eligible to be included in the calendar
What makes for a good pet photo?
- Find tips for getting a good photo of your pet here.
How do I enter my pet's photo(s)?
- Enter online
- Enter by mail:
- Print and fill out the entry form
- Mailed-in photos must be no larger than 6” x 4”
- Photos must be landscape (horizontal) format
- Each photo entered is $25 and a minimum of 5 votes ($5) must be submitted to guarantee inclusion in the 2021 calendar
- Send your filled-out entry form, payment and photo(s) to:
San Diego Humane Society
Attn: Philanthropy – Photo Fundraiser
5500 Gaines St.
San Diego, CA 92110
- Mailed-in entries become property of San Diego Humane Society
How many votes do I need to have my pet featured on a month spread in the calendar?
- The top vote-getters in all three categories (dog, cat and other pet) will each get a featured month spread in the 2021 calendar
- All other entries that meet eligibility requirements will be considered as month spreads in the 2021 calendar
How do I vote for a pet’s photo?
How do the categories and leaderboards work?
- The top vote-getters for each of the three categories (dogs, cats, and other pets) will be featured on the homepage of the Photo Fundraiser website throughout the contest
- The top vote-getters for each category (dogs, cats and other pets) will each win a month spread in the 2021 calendar
- See the other prizes here
How will I know I won?
- The winners of each category will be announced via email. You can also check the leaderboard to see how your pet’s photo is doing in the contest.
When will I receive my calendar?
- Calendars will be mailed in the fall of 2020.
Question not answered here? Please contact Rhea Marie at firstname.lastname@example.org