Thank you so much! Your participation helps St. Mary’s Animal Welfare League (SMAWL) save lives. The more we raise together, the more we can save together!
HOW TO SUBMIT PHOTOGRAPHS
- The minimum donation for submitting a photo to be included in St. Mary’s Animal Welfare League’s 2017 Pet Calendar is $10 per photo. You may submit as many photographs as you like.
- Entry will be available by visiting our contest website at www.gogophotocontest.com/SMAWL and following the directions provided to fill out the entry information, and submit your entry.
- By entering, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to all other requirements/restrictions listed within these rules.
- Online: To submit photos online, click on the Participate tab above and follow the directions to upload a photograph of your pet. Online entries must be received by September 24, 2016, 7:00 PM EST.
- By mail: Mailed photos should be sent to:
Attn. Photo Fundraiser
PO Box 1232
Leonardtown, MD 20650.
Mailed entries must be received by September, 2016, 7:00 PM EST.
- All eligible photos submitted by September 24, 2016 will be included in the 2017 calendar, either in the collage pages or as insets within the calendar. Photos submitted offline may receive placement in the 2017 SMAWL Calendar, but will not be eligible for the Pet Photo Contest.
- Donations are fully tax-deductible as permitted by law. SMAWL is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All entrants will receive receipts for their contributions.
All photos become the property of SMAWL.
- Acceptable photo formats are .jpg, and .png
- Photo size and resolution should be big enough so the picture does not appear blurry. 3650 pixels x 2740 pixels is preferred for printing purposes.
- Photos may contain one or more pets. Pets do not need to be adopted by, fostered by, or otherwise affiliated with SMAWL.
- Photos must:
- be in color
- contain only pets (no people faces - hands, feet, etc., are acceptable)
- be horizontal (landscape) format (preferred)
- Any image that includes people, or content that is deemed inappropriate, indecent or obscene, as determined by SMAWL, will be removed from the Photo Fundraiser with no refunds.
- Photographs may not be edited or altered (other than minor color, contrast, or sharpness adjustments)
Photographs must either feature pets owned by the entrant, OR the entrant must have permission from the pet's owner to submit their pet's image.
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITES
You can win special prizes by having friends and family vote for your pet's photo. The recipient of the most votes will be eligible to have their pet featured on a full month page.
- Once a photo is submitted, it will appear in the online gallery on SMAWL’s website, and be open to voting by the general public. Votes are $1 each, with a minimum $5 donation for five votes.
- All votes for photo submissions will be tabulated and displayed online.
- To vote online, click on the Participate tab above. The online voting period will end September 24, 2016, 7:00 PM EST. Donate a minimum of $5 for five votes. Those votes can then be cast for any submitted photo in one-vote increments. Voters do not have to use all of the votes at the time of donation. When voters donate, they will be given the option of applying all of the votes to one photo, spreading their votes over various photos, or storing votes in their account. If a voter chooses to store the votes, voter can log in to their account using their ID and password and vote at a later time. All votes must be applied to selected photos by the conclusion of the voting period to be counted.
- To vote via Paypal, click on the "Donate to SMAWL" button on our webpage: http://www.smawl.org/index.php/donate/donate Please put the entrant's and pet's name in the notes. Votes must be received by 7pm on September 24th.
- To vote in person, you can give check or cash to any SMAWL representative. Please make note of entrant's and pet's name. Votes must be received by 7pm on September 24th.
- Voting by mail is accepted. Votes by mail must be received by SMAWL no later than September 24, 2016, 7:00 PM EST. Mail-in votes should be sent to:
Attn. Photo Fundraiser
PO Box 1232
Leonardtown, MD 20650
Envelopes must include your phone number, donation by check, the pet and entrant names, and your written request to apply your enclosed donation towards votes for them in the 2017 Photo Fundraiser.
- Ending time for the Photo Fundraiser will be determined by the host website's server, which will show prominently on the Photo Fundraiser website as a countdown clock on the last day of the fundraiser.
All votes are donations to SMAWL and are fully tax-deductible as permitted by law. All donors will receive receipts for their contributions.
PRIZES FOR TOP VOTES
The top participants to receive the most votes when the voting period ends will be contacted by SMAWL to claim the following prizes:
1st Place: Your pet will be part of a specially arranged photo shoot by Bountiful Hound where the pet will be featured on the calendar cover of SMAWL's 2017 calendar*. The winner will receive a photo session which includes up to 10 professionally edited digital images. The 1st place winner will also receive 2 free calendars and one custom SMAWL tote bag. The winning photograph will also be displayed on the SMAWL website and Facebook page for 30 days.
2nd through 13th Places: Your pet's photo submission will be featured as the main photo in one month of the calendar. These winners will also receive two free calendars and one custom SMAWL tote bag. Contest winners may need to re-submit their photo as a high resolution, print quality image. Winning photographs will also be displayed on the SMAWL website and Facebook page during the 2017 calendar month in which they are featured.
7 runners-up (14th through 20th places) will each receive one SMAWL custom tote bag. All submitted photos that meet eligibility requirements will appear in the calendar, either in the collage pages or as insets within the calendar.
All participants to achieve 200 votes or more for their photo entry will receive two free 2017 calendars.
All participants to achieve 300 votes or more for their photo entry will receive two free 2017 calendars and one custom SMAWL tote bag.
Prizes are not transferable and may not be redeemed for cash.
*A new portrait will be taken of one domestic pet by a professional photographer from Bountiful Hound. The photograph time and location will be arranged with the photographer. Photo shoot location must be within 25 miles of zip code 20657. To be included on the Calendar cover the session must be completed by October 15th, 2016. It is this photograph that will become the calendar month page. If these requirements cannot be met, an alternative prize will be substituted. Winner’s choice of a Petco $100 gift card or a $100 gift certificate to Bountiful Hound for a photoshoot scheduled at a later date will be offered to those who are not able to meet the specified guidelines for the calendar photo shoot.