Thank you so much! Your participation helps St. Mary’s Animal Welfare League (SMAWL) save lives. The more we raise together, the more we can save together!
HOW TO SUBMIT PHOTOGRAPHS
- The minimum donation for submitting a photo to be included in St. Mary’s Animal Welfare League’s 2018 Pet Calendar is $10 per photo. You may submit as many photographs as you like.
- Entry will be available by visiting our contest website at www.gogophotocontest.com/SMAWL and following the directions provided to fill out the entry information, and submit your entry.
- By entering, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to all other requirements/restrictions listed within these rules.
- Online: To submit photos online, click on the Participate tab above and follow the directions to upload a photograph of your pet. Online entries must be received by November 25, 2017, 8:00 PM EST.
- By mail: Mailed photos should be sent to: SMAWL, Attn. Photo Fundraiser, PO Box 1232, Leonardtown, MD 20650. Mailed entries must be received by November 25, 2017, 8:00 PM EST.
- All eligible photos submitted by November 25, 2017 will be included in the 2018 calendar, either in the collage pages or as insets within the calendar. Photos submitted offline may receive placement in the 2018 SMAWL Calendar, but will not be eligible for the Pet Photo Contest.
- Donations are fully tax-deductible as permitted by law. SMAWL is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All entrants will receive receipts for their contributions.
All photos become the property of SMAWL.
- Acceptable photo formats are .jpg, and .png.
- Photo size and resolution should be big enough so the picture does not appear blurry. 3650 pixels x 2740 pixels is preferred for printing purposes.
- Photos may contain one or more pets. Pets do not need to be adopted by, fostered by, or otherwise affiliated with SMAWL.
- Photos must:
- be in color
- contain only pets (no people faces - hands, feet, etc., are acceptable)
- be horizontal (landscape) format (preferred)
- Any image that includes people, or content that is deemed inappropriate, indecent or obscene, as determined by SMAWL, will be removed from the Photo Fundraiser with no refunds.
- Photographs may not be edited or altered (other than minor color, contrast, or sharpness adjustments)
Photographs must either feature pets owned by the entrant, OR the entrant must have permission from the pet's owner to submit their pet's image.
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITES
You can win special prizes by having friends and family vote for your pet's photo. The recipient of the most votes will be eligible to have their pet featured on a full month page.
- Once a photo is submitted, it will appear in the online gallery on SMAWL’s photo contest website, and be open to voting by the general public. Votes are $1 each, with a minimum $5 donation for five votes.
- All votes for photo submissions will be tabulated and displayed online.
- To vote online, click on the Participate tab above. The online voting period will end November 25, 2017, 8:00 PM EST. Donate a minimum of $5 for five votes. Those votes can then be cast for any submitted photo in one-vote increments. Voters do not have to use all of the votes at the time of donation. When voters donate, they will be given the option of applying all of the votes to one photo, spreading their votes over various photos, or storing votes in their account. If a voter chooses to store the votes, voter can log in to their account using their ID and password and vote at a later time. All votes must be applied to selected photos by the conclusion of the voting period to be counted.
- Voting by mail is accepted. Votes by mail must be received by SMAWL no later than November 25, 2017, 8:00 PM EST. Mail-in votes should be sent to: SMAWL, Attn. Photo Fundraiser, PO Box 1232, Leonardtown, MD 20650. Envelopes must include your phone number, donation by check, the pet and entrant names, and your written request to apply your enclosed donation towards votes for them in the 2018 Photo Fundraiser.
- Ending time for the Photo Fundraiser will be determined by the host website's server, which will show prominently on the Photo Fundraiser website as a countdown clock on the last day of the fundraiser.
All votes are donations to SMAWL and are fully tax-deductible as permitted by law. All donors will receive receipts for their contributions.
PRIZES FOR TOP VOTES
The top participants to receive the most votes when the voting period ends will be contacted by SMAWL to claim the following prizes:
***Please stay tuned to see the great prizes that will be offered!
*** Prizes are not transferable and may not be redeemed for cash.