How much is the entry fee?
The entry fee is $25 per photo. This fee includes one copy of the full-color calendar that will be mailed to you in November 2021. You can make an additional donation during the entry process with each dollar counting as one vote, a minimum of $5. All proceeds from contest entries will help us provide shelter and care for the homeless animals at the SPCA of Texas.
How do I enter the contest via mail/in person?
If you would like to submit your entry via mail or in person, please email email@example.com
for more information.
How many photos can I enter?
You can enter as many times as you want! It is $25 per entry into the contest.
- Photos of cats, dogs, horses, small mammals, and birds are accepted. Your pet does NOT have to be adopted from the SPCA of Texas to be eligible to enter this contest.
- Acceptable photo formats are .jpg, .bmp, .png, and .tif
- Be high resolution (300 dpi minimum)
- Be in color
- Contain only pets (no people)
- Be horizontal (landscape) format
- Photographs must either feature pets owned by the entrant, OR the entrant must have permission from the pet's owner to submit their pet's image.
- Photos may contain one or more pets
- Any image that includes people, or content that is deemed inappropriate, indecent or obscene, as determined by the SPCA of Texas Calendar Committee, will be removed from the Photo Calendar Fundraiser.
- Photographs may not be edited or altered (other than minor color, contrast, or sharpness adjustments)
- We cannot accept Polaroids, photos with digital overlays, photo stickers or doodles, or any copyrighted or professional photos.
*Please note, ALL
photos entered into the contest become the property of The SPCA of Texas
How many votes do I need to have my pet featured on a certain month?
The top 12 vote-getters will have their pet’s photo placed as a monthly image in the calendar! The order will be chosen by the SPCA of Texas Calendar Committee. So, get as many votes as you can to be featured!
The top 12 vote-getters will be notified via email and may be asked to provide a high-resolution version of their photo*, as well as a short biography of their pet.
All submissions will be featured on a collage page or as insets in the calendar. All proceeds from votes will help us provide shelter and care for the homeless animals at the SPCA of Texas. * If you are unable to provide a high-resolution photo, we reserve the right to select another photo. High-resolution photos need to be 3650 pixels x 2740 pixels (best for printing purposes).
How do I get my pet on the cover of the calendar?
A photoshoot for the cover of the 2022 wall calendar will be auctioned off at the 2021 Fur Ball Patron Party.
If you'd like to attend the Fur Ball Patron Party, you can click here to learn more
How can I get my pet's photo on a specific day?
You can reserve a special day for your pet! Reserving a day is an additional $15 donation and is not an entry into the contest and does not include a copy of the calendar. You must submit an entry to receive your complimentary copy. Please note, the SPCA of Texas reserves the right to add special event information to a specific day or to reassign your reservation to another day. If a conflict with a special event happens, we will reach out to you via e-mail.
How do I vote for a pet's picture?Votes are $1 each, with a minimum donation of $5 for five votes
. And yes, you can vote for your own pet's photo! (and as many times as you and your friends and family want!)
All votes are tax-deductible. How to vote by mail:
Make your check payable to SPCA of Texas. Include a note with the check stating the pet's name and owner's name, and that you wish to apply your donation toward votes for them in the 2022 Pet Photo Calendar Contest. Please also include your phone number in case we have any questions.Mail the check and note to:
SPCA of Texas
Attn: 2022 Photo Calendar Contest
2400 Lone Star Dr
Dallas, TX 75212Mailed votes will need to be postmarked by August 20, 2021, to count towards the contest.
When does voting close?
Online voting closes on August 31, 2021, at 11:59:59 p.m.
Mailed votes will need to be postmarked by August 20, 2021, to count towards the contest.
When will I get my calendar?
We will mail calendars in November 2021.
Can I purchase additional copies of the calendar?
Yes! Each additional copy of the calendar can be pre-ordered for $20 each (with $3 shipping included). We encourage you to buy your copies early, and you’ll receive them in the mail in November 2021. They make perfect holiday gifts!
Was your question not answered here?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.