The Pin Up Paws 2018 calendar – CUTEST SHOW ON EARTH
features our local pets having fun at the Carnival. Each winner will receive a professional photo shoot, with accessories to fit a carnival activity that has been specifically selected to match his or her personality Enter your favorite photo of your Pet to win one of 13 coveted spots in the Pin Up Paws 2018 Calendar. The top vote earner will be on the cover of the calendar, with the remaining twelve featured one per month.
We invite you to join the fun by participating in this special fundraiser which helps pets and pet owners in need. The contest winners will be determined by public online voting.
You must submit a photo of your Pet and include:
- Name of Pet
- Your First Name
- Your City and State
- A paragraph that tells voters something fun or interesting about the pet in the photo. (100 word limit) Please share something special that we could include on our calendar if your pet wins?
All photos must be uploaded. Sorry, we cannot accept hard copies.
Entry fee is just $5. Each vote thereafter will be $1. Each $1 donation counts as a vote for that photo.
There are 13 spots available to win, one for each month, and the calendar cover. Deadline to submit all photos online is 11:59:59 PM (EDT) on September 13, 2017
Eligible Pet Photographs
- Acceptable photo formats are .jpg, .bmp, and .tif
- Photos may contain one pet
- Photographs must be in color and contain only the pet (no people)
- Any image that includes content that is deemed inappropriate, indecent, or obscene, as determined by the staff of the St. Augustine Humane Society, or otherwise does not adhere to the rules will be removed from the Calendar Fundraiser.
- Photographs may not be edited or altered (other than minor color, contrast, or sharpness adjustments)
- Photographs must not be from a professional studio or copyrighted
How to Submit Photographs
Visit ENTER CONTEST
and follow the directions to upload a photograph of your pet along with up to 125 words describing your photo. All photos become the property of the St. Augustine Humane Society.
Public Voting For Pets
Winners will be determined by the number of votes received per pet photo. The voting period will end at 8:59:59 PM (EDT) September 15, 2017.
- Once a pet photo is submitted, it will appear in the online gallery, and be open to voting by the general public. Voting requires a minimum donation of $5/per five votes.
- All votes are donations to the St. Augustine Humane Society and are fully tax-deductible as permitted by law. All votes for photo submissions will be tabulated and displayed online. Donations are not refundable.
- Due to electronic processing variables out of our control, voters should be cautious when applying votes during the final seconds of the contest
The pets with the most votes (donations) at the end of the voting period will win the opportunity to be featured in the calendar. The single entrant with the most votes will be featured on the cover of Pin Up Paws 2018 Calendar – CUTEST SHOW ON EARTH.
The next 12 top vote recipients will be displayed on a calendar month (one entry per month) dreaming of travel to faraway places with accessories to fit a unique vacation destination.
Twelve additional runners-up will each be given a small space per one month using their submitted photograph.
To vote, go to DONATE FOR VOTES
and donate a minimum of $5 for five votes. Those votes can then be cast for any submitted photo in one-vote increments. Voters do not have to use all of the votes at the time of donation. When voters donate, they will be given the option of applying all of the votes to one photo, spreading their votes over various photos, or storing votes in their account. If a voter chooses to store the votes, voter can log in to their account using their ID and password and vote at a later time. Payments can be made via MasterCard and Visa
Tips To Help Your Pet Become A Winner
The competition is getting stronger each year, and we expect 2017 to be the best year yet. So, we've gathered a few tips and hints to get your pet into the winners' circle:
- Use the social media links within the contest to promote your pet to your friends and family.
- Have business cards (Vistaprint, etc) made with your pet's info and the pinuppaws.com website. You can pass these out wherever you go over the two month campaign period. Make sure you mention that the donation is going to our organization.
- Get cash sponsorships! You can collect cash donations for your pet from friends, family and acquaintances, then simply apply the amounts yourself, using your own log-in information and credit card. This is probably one of the easiest ways to get support, because you are collecting funds directly and your supporters do not have to create their own pin up paws account. Most people are happy to support the St. Augustine Humane Society, and you can collect any amount….from one dollar to hundreds.
- Consider a campaign party or get together at your home, at a local pub or restaurant to raise money for your pet. Call us and we can help you with this. Remember – your pet is raising funds for the St. Augustine Humane Society.
Notification of Winners
This year's features a Carnival Theme The 13 participants to receive the most votes when public voting ends will be contacted and given instructions about how to claim their prizes. The winners will be required
to attend a professional photo shoot with award-winning photographer Addison Fitzgerald. Photo styling is determined by the St. Augustine Humane Society and the photographic team. Appointments are limited and will be scheduled September 17th
through October 1st
. If your winning pet is unable to participate as determined by the schedule and guidelines, the pet with the next highest votes will be selected as a winner.
The top thirteen Pets will receive prizes in addition to being featured in the printed calendar. The one Pet with the top votes will be featured on the calendar cover and receive additional prizes. Please visit our PRIZES
page for all the details.
For questions about the "Pin Up Paws" 2018 Calendar Photo Contest, please contact Carolyn Smith at email@example.com
Thanks for participating, and for support of the St. Augustine Humane Society.