The Coolest Dog in the Shenandoah Valley Contest is open to anyone in the known universe 21-years of age or older who would like to enter their dog to compete for the coveted title of "The Coolest Dog in Shenandoah Valley" for 2020.
HOW TO ENTER
All entries will be made on-line by visiting the contest website: http://gogophotocontest.com/SVKCcoolestdog
Follow the directions for entering dogs in the contest and voting. Contest payments online are through a secure site.
Submit a photo of your dog. No photos of people,
just your dog. Photographs Requirements
Photographer Rights and Disclaimer
- Photos should be digital and sharp enough to look good on the internet.
- Acceptable photo formats are .jpg, .png, and .gif.
- Photo should only feature the pet being entered into the contest. Please do not share a picture that has multiple animals or people.
- Photo must be in color and should be in focus to show off your amazing pooch.
- Photo may not be edited or altered, other than minor color, contrast, or sharpness adjustments.
- Photo must not be copyrighted.
- Any image that includes content that is deemed inappropriate, indecent, or obscene as determined by the Shenandoah Valley Kiwanis Club may be removed from the contest.
Entrants retain ownership and all other rights to future use of the photographs but entry into the contest constitutes your agreement to allow your entered photographs - and your name and city - to be published as winners or finalists in Shenandoah Valley Kiwanis Club's (SVKC) publications, and on the SVKC website and Facebook, and may be used for fundraising and educational activities of the SVKC with appropriate photography credit. These activities may include, but are not limited to, SVKC publications and web pages, calendars, Facebook, online photo features and contests, photo cards, and emails providing SVKC information. Tell Us about Your Cool Dog
In 150 words or less tell the public why your dog is the coolest of the cool. Entry Fee
There is a $10 fee to post your dog, and you automatically receive 10 votes
when you enter your dog! If you wish to enter more than 1 dog, you will need to take separate photos of each dog and post them separately. The $10 posting fee applies to each dog you enter.
HOW TO VOTE
Once your dog is entered, share the contest page link with family, friends, and colleagues through email and social media and encourage them to vote for your dog. The Coolest Dog winner
will be the dog with the most votes.
Remind them that all funds raised will go to an important need in our community – providing quality childcare to working families.
Votes cost $1.00 each with no limit on how many votes a person can buy. For example, people can give 100 votes to your favorite dog by donating $100 in a single transaction via the website and come back to the site as many times as they want and donate votes as often as they like. Dog owners themselves will be able to buy as many votes as they'd like too. Having trouble deciding which is your favorite? People can also vote for as many cool dogs as they like.
All donations for votes are non-refundable and not tax deductible (there was a vote in exchange for the donation).
Entries and donations must be made via the online contest page. Donations and photo entries for this online contest that are submitted via other means (US mail, in-person or by other means) will be accepted as donations but not applied toward the contest.
TIPS TO HELP YOUR FAVORITE CANINE BE A WINNER
- Use social media to promote your pet to your friends, family, and co-workers, and encourage them to share on their pages as well! Remember, the more people who vote for your dog, the more likely you are to win!
- Get cash sponsorships! You can collect cash donations for your pet from friends, family, and acquaintances, then simply apply the amounts yourself, using your own login information and credit card. This is one of the easiest ways to get support, because you are collecting the funds directly and your supporters do not have to create their own account. Most people are happy to support a great cause, and you can collect any amount—from $1 to $1,000!
- Consider a virtual campaign party to raise money for your pet!
- And finally, the most important thing you can do to increase donations to your entry is to remind people that every vote is a donation to help provide much-needed and quality child care for working families.
The Coolest Dog in the Shenandoah Valley Contest will officially launch November 6, 2020 at 9 a.m. and end on December 4, 2020 at 9 p.m. ET.
The Shenandoah Valley Kiwanis Club (SVKC) will attempt to notify the top three vote-getters via telephone or email on December 8, 2020. Please be sure to fill out the contact fields accurately so we may reach you as soon as possible if your cool dog is a winner
If a winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days after the date of the first attempt and after multiple attempts thereafter, the SVKC may select an alternate winner from the next highest vote-getter.
Winners will be announced the week of December 8, 2020, once all winners have been contacted.
Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant's agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the SVKC, which are final. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules.
Laws and Waiver of Liability
All federal, state, local, and municipal laws and regulations apply.
- Any submitted content that is inappropriate, obscene or violates Contest rules will be taken down and ineligible for voting.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded; they may not be substituted.
- By entering this contest, participants agree to hold the Shenandoah Valley Kiwanis Club, its partners, sponsors, their respective directors, officers, employees and assign harmless against any and all claims and liability arising from participation in this contest. The participants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claiming to be caused by, participation in this promotion or by use of or redemption of any prize.
- By participating in this contest, entrants agree to be bound by the official rules.
- Should we discover that contest rules were violated by a winner, we reserve the right to cancel or suspend any prize at any point, without liability to the prize sponsors or winners.
- Our decision is final on all matters, and we will not enter into any further correspondence.
For questions about the "Coolest Dog in the Shenandoah Valley" contest, please contact Faye Cooper at email@example.com
or at 540.294.1665. Thank you for supporting children and their families in our community!