How It Works:
Votes will determine if and where your pet's photo will be featured in our calendar. The entry period is from Monday, July 1, 2019, 8:00 a.m. ET to Friday, August 16, 2019 8:00 p.m. ET.
There are 12 full page opportunities to win, one for each month of the year. In order to feature several species of animals in the calendar, entries will be divided into 3 categories: dogs, cats, and other (any other domestic animal such as a bird, reptile, small companion animal, etc.) The top 5 dogs, top 5 cats, and top 2 “other” pets with the most votes in their respective categories will each be featured as a Pet of the Month in the 2020 Talbot Humane Petparazzi Calendar. The overall top fundraiser will be featured on the calendar cover in addition to appearing as a Pet of the Month. Entries must receive a minimum of 25 votes to be eligible for a Pet of the Month prize. Please review the image specifications below to ensure your photo meets the requirements for a full-page image.
In the event of an insufficient number of eligible entries in any category, Talbot Humane reserves the right to select an alternate image.
All proceeds from entry fees and votes help us provide shelter and care for the animals at Talbot Humane and services for animals and their people in our community.
How to Enter Photographs:
- There is a $25 fee for submitting a photo to be included in the Talbot Humane 2020 Photo Calendar. You may submit multiple photos by paying a $25 entry fee for each.
- To guarantee your pet’s photo appearing in the 2020 calendar, you may reserve a calendar date for your pet’s photo for an additional $10 when entering the contest.
- The submission period begins on Monday, July 1, at 8:00 a.m. ET and ends Friday, August 16, at 5:00 p.m. ET.
- You may make an additional donation during the entry process. Each dollar counts as one vote.
- To submit photos, click on the Participate tab above and follow the directions to upload a photo of your pet. See “Image Rules” below. Entries can only be made online.
- All eligible photos of prize winners and reserve-a-date pets submitted by August 16, 2019 will be included in the 2020 calendar, either on the cover, as a full-page Pet of the Month, or on a reserved date.
- Donations are tax-deductible as permitted by law. Talbot Humane is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All entrants will receive email receipts for their contributions.
- All entrants will receive a printed calendar.
- Employees and Board Members of Talbot Humane are welcome to submit photographs in the TH Employees/Board members category and encouraged to fundraise but are not eligible for the Grand Prize calendar cover or Pet of the Month prizes. The employees' or Board members’ pets receiving the top three most votes in the TH Employees/Board Members category will be recognized for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd placements and featured in a collage in the calendar. Each entrant will also receive a copy of the 2020 calendar.
- Talbot Humane reserves the right to disqualify an entry that features objectionable content. Registration fees and donations (votes) will not be refunded.
- By submitting a photo, you acknowledge and give permission for Talbot Humane to use the name, story, and photo of the animal in future publications, including but not limited to, the 2020 Talbot Humane calendar.
- Photos must be high resolution for printing purposes, and in a standard file format. If you are taking photos with your phone, please be sure to capture your image at the highest possible setting in order to meet resolution criteria. Horizontal (landscape) format is preferable.
- All photo submissions must be digital, as printed photos and Polaroids are unlikely to be high enough quality to be reproduced in the calendar. We cannot accept photos with digital overlays, photo stickers, doodles or any digital effects. Copyrighted photos may only be included with the written permission of the copyright-holder.
- Photos may contain one or more pets.
- Photos may not contain people.
- Photos must be in color.
- Photos will be cropped into a square to meet the calendar design. Horizontal (landscape) photos crop the best.
- Photos may not contain pets with the following collars; prong, choke, or shock.
- Talbot Humane reserves the right to decline publication of any photograph for any reason. Should this happen, we will notify you and, if an appropriate replacement cannot be obtained, refund your entry fee if desired. Talbot Humane has final approval on all photos submitted and reserves the right to replace an animal's photograph to overcome production issues.
- If your pet wins the Grand Prize calendar cover or a Pet of the Month page, but the photo is poor quality or does not meet our requirements, we will request a new photo which must be provided by August 23, 2019 to meet the calendar printing deadlines.
- Animals must be entered in the correct contest "category". Talbot Humane will change the category of any entry that is entered incorrectly.
- Winners will be announced on Facebook by Monday, August 19. Winners will be contacted by phone (first) or email (alternatively) by the week of August 19.
- Online voting ends Friday, August 16, 2019, 8:00 p.m. ET. To vote online, click on the Participate tab above.
- Each $1 donation counts as one vote. You can vote on one entry or divide them among multiple entries. There is no limit to the number of votes one may cast for the duration of the contest. You must purchase a minimum of five votes at a time for a minimum charge of $5. You may vote for your own photo. Online voting begins as soon as the photo is registered and ends August 16, 2019, at 8 p.m. ET.
- Votes made on the contest site for photo submissions will be tabulated and displayed in real time.
- Votes made outside the contest site (mail, credit card or Facebook fundraiser) will be added by the end of the next business day. Please note that offline voting ends Monday, August 12, 2019 at 5 p.m. ET. Votes received after this time will not be counted.
- All donations (votes) are non-refundable.
- Talbot Humane is a 501(c) (3) organization. Donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
- The email acknowledgment reply to your online donation is your tax receipt.
- Offline donation votes will be acknowledged via mail.
- Voting by mail, phone or Facebook fundraiser will be accepted and must be received by Talbot Humane no later than Monday, August 12, 2019 5 p.m. ET.
- Mail-in votes should be sent to Talbot Humane, Attn. Calendar Contest, P.O. Box 1143, Easton, MD 21601. Mail votes must include your phone number, donation, the pet and entrant names, and your written request to apply your donation toward votes in the 2020 calendar fundraiser. Please make checks payable to Talbot Humane.
- To vote by phone with a credit card, please call 410-822-0107 during regular office hours, before 5 p.m. on Monday, August 12, 2019 ET. Credit card voting is restricted to a $20 minimum.
- Voting by check or credit card may also be done at the shelter (Talbot Humane,7894 Ocean Gateway, Easton MD 21601) before 5 p.m. on Monday, August 12, 2019 ET. Please make checks payable to Talbot Humane.
- Voting via a Facebook Fundraiser can only be set up by the photo entrant. The voting deadline for Facebook Fundraisers is also Monday, August 12, 2019 5:00 p.m. ET.