Beginning Friday, April 6th, at 7:00pm CST, participants can upload a digital photo (i.e. JPEG image) of their Dog, Cat
, or both.
We also accept photos of birds, guinea pigs, hamsters, ferrets, horses, donkeys, rabbits, roosters, turtles, pigs, snakes, etc… ANY animal which is an important part of your home or farm life. However, any pet which is not a cat or a dog cannot win the cover model award but rather will be featured on a special "other pet category," collage page within the calendar. The 2018 photo contest ends on Monday, July, 9th
, 2018, 7:00pm CST.
When submitting a photo, contest participants will be prompted to share some background about the pet (most of these info requests are optional and not required), but we do hope each entrant will share a bit of their pets adoption or rescue story for others to enjoy and learn why you feel your pet is unique, special and an important part of your family.
- Pet's name (required)
- Breed (if known)
- Adopted or rescued (optional, not required),
- Background info. (or a brief story) about their pet adoption, or a unique highlight about why their pet is so special for you and your family, really anything you wish to share with others about the breed or pet personality (this is also optional)
The winners of the photo contest will be determined by the entries that get the most votes. If you have more than one pet, it is permissible to submit and enter photos of all of your furry family. The top dog vote receiver and the top cat vote receiver will be featured to grace the 2019 calendar cover as our top models, and enshrined with other calendar cover winners in the McCook calendar virtual "Paw of Fame."
The Basics: Entering Photos and Votes
- Your pet does NOT have to be adopted from the McCook Humane Society to be eligible to enter this contest.
- Your pet does not need to reside in Red Willow County, NE or the Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado tri-state area. We encourage ALL shelter cat and dog lovers, animal welfare advocates, and animal rescue stories to participate with us in this fundraiser to benefit our local shelter. However, because our McCook Humane Society benefits from 100% of all contest fundraising proceeds, we encourage local residents, relatives of McCook residents, or former RW County residents /area school alumni to participate - but it is not a requirement.
- Photos must be of companion animals only - no people in photo.
- Picture must be owned by you and or you must have all rights to share it.
- Once entered, your pet will have a public photo contest page and there is a "share" button which allows you to easily share via social media (such as: Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc…) and other social networking sites.
- The e-mail acknowledgment reply to your online donation serves completely as your tax receipt.
- If your submission is low resolution, contains inappropriate content, or poor quality, your image may be removed, or you may be asked for a better quality image.
- The McCook Humane Society and Cat Pack reserve the right to modify or clarify any of the contest rules during the term of the contest without advance notice.
More Tips For Entering a Winning Photo (s)
- There is a $5.00 entry fee for each photo submitted.
- Photos submitted to the contest must be of pets only— no people.
- Photos should contain only one pet per photo (photos with multiple pets will be considered, but are not guaranteed they will make it in calendar). Single pet images are preferred for this contest.
- Good quality digital photos are also preferred, but high resolution scans of hard copy photos are also okay and will be accepted.
- All photos must be uploaded to the contest URL. In rare cases, a photo exception arrangement can be made "in person" at the McCook Humane Society w/the appropriate paid shelter donation.
- By submitting your photo you agree it may be used by the shelter to promote the contest and for promoting future calendars and other shelter fundraising merchandise or PR (at the discretion of the McCook Humane Society). Note we will not use the photo for any reason other than to promote the contest, sell calendars or other cat pack merchandise (i.e. postcards & greeting cards, posters, etc...), which ALL fundraising efforts benefit the McCook Humane Society and promote the benefits and need to adopt shelter animals.
- Entries and donations must be made via the online contest page. All donations from photo submissions are non-refundable.
- Contest payments online are through a secure site. GoGo Photo contests are a professional hosting service which exclusively manages fundraising for animal shelters across the United States.
It is allowed to post multiple photos of the same animal, but do consider that multiple photos of the same pet will split votes among the photos (i.e. the same pet can only win once). Posting more than one photo of your single pet does not increase the chances of winning.
So it is suggested to pick your single favorite photo, vote for it as often as your donation budget will allow, and encourage your family and friends to vote for your favorite pet photo as well.Multiple photo entries of the same pet:
If you decide to submit more than one image of the same animal (which is totally acceptable in this contest) please note the photo receiving "the most votes" is guaranteed a spot in the 2019 calendar, but the other photos entered may not make it depending on calendar space. However, the cat pack will make every effort to include all images entered in the contest, but only one image is promised. For multiple images receiving the same amount /equal vote amounts, it will be at the discretion of the animal shelter and cat pack contest administrators to choose the one best photo to be included in the calendar.
Voting For Your Favorite PhotoVoting starts on Friday, April, 6th, 7:00pm CST, 2018 and ends on Monday, July, 9th, 2018, 7:00pm CST.
- Each $1 donation counts as one (1) vote. There is a $5.00 minimum vote per credit card transaction.
- When you donate to vote, you will receive a "bank" of votes that then need to be applied to the entries you wish to vote for. You can place all votes on one entry, or place them on multiple entries.
- All donations from voting are non-refundable. Entries & donations must be made via the online contest page. Contest payments online are through a secure site.
- Voters/donors must be legal residents of the US. Voters under the age of 18 must have the permission of a parent or legal guardian.
- Contest votes are tax deductible. The email acknowledgment to your online donation serves as your tax receipt.
- All winners will be determined by electronic vote tabulations under the software project managed by GoGo Photo Contest, whose decisions in conjunction with the Cat Pack are final and binding.
- We encourage animal lovers and anyone who supports the joy of adopting shelter animals to share the contest link with family, friends, colleagues.
- Please encourage everyone you know to enter the contest to vote for their favorite pet photo. Sharing through Facebook and other social networking sites is easy using the "share" button on the photo contest page.
The Fine Print...
By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the McCook Humane Society, The Cat Pack, and each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, volunteers and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claims of any nature arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize.Still Have Questions?
Contact the Cat Pack: Friends of the McCook Humane Society