- The Purr-fect Cat Contest is open to anyone in the universe 21-years-old or older who would like to enter their cat to compete for the coveted title of "The Purr-fect Cat in Richland County" for 2019.
- The contest is open to any cats associated with Richland County, Ohio. This includes their owner lives in or does business in, works in or has a veterinarian or grooming services completed in Richland County.
- School Cat Mascots are eligible to enter the contest.
- Submit a photo of your cat. Provide a few short sentences why your cat truly is the most perfect cat in all of Richland County. Photos should be digital and sharp enough to look good on the internet. No photos of people, just your cat or cats. Photos should be in focus to show off your amazing feline. Only exception to the rule are cats that have passed away prior to the contest starting.
- There is a $10 fee to post your cat, but you automatically receive 10 votes when you enter your cat! If you have multiple cats, you will need to take separate photos of each and post them separately. The $10 posting fee applies to each cat you enter.
- Cat owners are encouraged to have their friends, relatives, and co-workers go to the contest website and vote for their cat.
- Votes cost $1.00 per vote with no maximum on how many votes a person can buy. For example, you can give 100 votes to your favorite cat by donating $100 in a single transaction via the website and come back to the site as many times as you want and buy votes as often as you'd like.
- Cat owners themselves will be able to buy as many votes as they'd like too.
- You are welcome to register cats who have passed away. The Kiwanis Club of Mansfield wishes to celebrate the lives of our furry friends who have gone before us and made lasting friendships with others while here.
- You do not need to be a cat owner to vote. Support these cool cats and help support kids in community.
- All proceeds from this fundraiser will be awarded to the Friendly House located in Mansfield, OH. The Friendly House is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that the Kiwanis Club of Mansfield has supported since 1924.
- The Purr-fact Cat in Richland County will officially launch August 15, 2019 and end on September 20, 2019 at midnight.
- Prizes will be awarded to the Top 3 Cats that receive the most votes.
- First place
- The cat with the highest number of votes will be deemed the "Purr-fect Cat in Richland County" for 2019.
- The top cat will win $300 and receive gift baskets from area pet stores, veterinarian offices and businesses.
- The top cat will help name a wine being made by Cypress Hill Winery located in Mansfield, OH. (How cool is that!). The cat owner will work with the winery to help name and design the wine labels.
- The winning cat will be professionally photographed by DRM Productions, Inc. and featured on iHeart Media, WMAN 98.3, Mix 106.1, WRGM 106.7, The Light 99.3, The Spur 97.3, Cypress Hill Winery, Kiwanis Club of Mansfield and other partner websites.
- Second Place
- The cat with the second highest number of votes will be deemed the "Second Purr-fect Cat in Richland County" for 2019.
- The Second Purr-fect Cat in Richland County will win $200 and receive gift baskets from area pet stores, veterinarian offices and businesses.
- The second place cat will be professionally photographed by DRM Productions, Inc. and featured on iHeart Media, WMAN 98.3, Mix 106.1, WRGM 106.7, The Light 99.3, The Spur 97.3, the Cypress Hill Winery, Kiwanis Club of Mansfield and other partner websites.
- In the event that the first place cat is unable or unwilling to fulfill all of the roles and responsibilities of being the Purr-fect Cat in Richland County, the second place cat will assume that title and receive all of the benefits described above.
- Third Place
- The cat with the third highest number of votes will be deemed the "Third Purr-fect Cat in Richland County" for 2019.
- The Third Purr-fect Cat in Richland County will win $100 and receive gift baskets from area pet stores, veterinarian offices and businesses.
- The third place cat will be professionally photographed by DRM Productions, Inc. and featured on iHeart Media, WMAN 98.3, Mix 106.1, WRGM 106.7, The Light 99.3, The Spur 97.3, the Cypress Hill Winery, Kiwanis Club of Mansfield and other partner websites.
How to Enter and How to Vote
- All entries will be made on-line by visiting the contest website and following the directions for entering cats in the contest and voting. Contest payments made online are through a secure website.
- There is a $10 fee to enter your cat, which automatically gives your cat 10 votes.
- Additional votes cost $1 per vote and can be made in any number throughout the run of the contest.
- We encourage you to share your contest page link with family and friends through email and social media encouraging them to vote for your favorite contestant's photo.
- All donations for votes are non-refundable and not tax deductible (there was a vote in exchange for the donation). Entries and donations must be made via the online contest page.
- Donations and photo entries for this online contest that are submitted via other means (US mail, in-person or by other means) will be accepted as donations but not applied toward the contest. Checks should be made out to the Mansfield Kiwanis Club Advised Fund and place "mini-bus" in the memo line. Mail checks to: Kiwanis Club of Mansfield Ohio, P.O. Box 7100, Mansfield, OH 44905.
- This fundraiser is being conducted by Kiwanis Club of Mansfield (from here on referred to as Main Sponsor). Our sponsors include: Cypress Hill Winery, Hudson & Essex, Warren Rupp, Inc., iHeart Media, WMAN 98.3, Mix 106.1, WRGM 106.7, The Light 99.3, The Spur 97.3, Cedar Creek Canine Center, DRM Productions, Inc., Parr Insurance, Richland Bank, Blackbird Bakery, Akers Veterinary Hospital, Appleseed Veterinary Clinic, Craig Callen, DDS, Hull Veterinary Hospital, Inc., Mohican Kennels, Pet Valu, PetSmart, and Pet Supplies Plus. Project endorsers include: Ashland Road Animal Clinic, Dr. David Worner, Lindaire Kennel, Linda's Mobile Grooming Palace, Phillips Animal Hospital, Pooch Parlor, Richland County Humane Society, and Wellspring Custom Pharmacy.
- The "Main Sponsor" will attempt to notify the top three vote-getters via telephone or email during the week of August 16, 2019.
- If the winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days after the date of the first attempt and after multiple attempts thereafter, the Main Sponsor may select an alternate winner from the next highest vote-getter.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes entrants agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules.
Laws and Limitations of Liability
- All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decision of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements of the contest.
- In the event that the operation of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, the "Main Sponsor" may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address an impairment and then resume the contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the contest and, in the event of termination, award the prize from among the eligible, legitimate entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Main Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive or offensive manner.
- By participating in the Contest, entrants hereby agree to and grant a non-exclusive perpetual license to the Main Sponsor and other Sponsors, their successors and assigns, to use the entrance photograph and any other photographs or forms of media made a part or arising out of this Contest, including, but not limited to, any professional photographs or other forms of media of the winning cats over any form of media known or hereinafter devised without restriction. The Main Sponsor shall have the additional right, exercisable in its sole discretion, to license, assign or otherwise authorize third parties to use the entrance photograph or any other photographs or forms of media made a part or arising out of this Contest, including, but not limited to, any professional photographs or other forms of media out of the winning cats over any form of media known or hereinafter devised without restriction.
- By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Main Sponsor, all other Sponsors, and each of their respective partners, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the prize(s).