The contest will begin on May 10th, 2021 at 12:00 AM and end on July 16th, 2021 at 9:00 PM.
- Photos must be landscape (horizontally-oriented). Vertical or square submissions will NOT be considered for feature spots in the calendar.
- Photos must be reasonably clear and in focus, with a resolution of 5MP/ 300dpi or higher. Electronic submissions should be maximum quality – pixelated images will NOT be considered for feature spots in the calendar. Generally, mobile phone photos can be used if the photo is taken in HD mode.
- Photos with red eyes or glowing eyes will not be accepted.
- Please submit photos with pets only. No humans allowed!
- Photos may be color, black and white, or sepia-toned. No other digital effects will be accepted.
- Photo submissions must include:
- Name of pet
- Owner's Name
- Owner's Email Address
- Owner's City and State
- Pet Network has final approval on all photos submitted.
- Submitted photos become the property of Pet Network Humane Society. Pet Network reserves the right to crop, resize, or edit a photo if necessary.
- There is a $10 minimum donation for each photo submitted in May. Photos submitted in June and July will have a minimum of $20.
- Each vote is $1 (required minimum of 5 votes) and 100% of the proceeds will be used to help homeless animals at Pet Network Humane Society.
Encourage friends and family to vote for you by sharing on social media!
• Our judges always love 'Tahoe pride' - show us what makes Lake Tahoe pets shine!
• Every month has a different visual theme (e.g.- seasonal photos for fall or spring months, snow or tree photos for December, or kittens in an Easter basket for April) - consider emphasizing different months of the year in your photography!
• Easy on the Photoshop - we're all for a little touch-up, but don't overdo it!
• Lighting is crucial - a dimly lit or washed out photograph translates poorly in print. Try using a natural light source like a nearby window, or photograph outside for the best light.