Thank you for participating in the twelfth Annual Nature Photography Contest at Audubon Community Nature Center! This contest is a chance to showcase your best nature photos and possibly win $200. It is also a fundraiser that supports Audubon's mission of nurturing the connection between people and nature. Audubon is hosting
the site with a new service to make it easier to submit and judge photos. It also adds a new option for a community choice award given to the adult and youth photo that gets the most votes.
Each photo entry costs $15. Photos must be submitted by 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time) on Sunday, August 28, 2022.
Prizes will be awarded in two divisions for each category:
- Adult: age 19 or older, or out of high school at the end of the contest.
- Youth: ages 8 to 18, or still in high school at the end of the contest.
- Fauna: any wild animal. No photos of animals in captivity, such as pets, zoos, or rehab animals.
- Landscapes / Waterscapes: mountains, forests, fields, deserts, etc.; oceans, lakes, ponds, rivers, creeks, etc.
This prize will go out to the photo with the most votes online in the adult and the youth division. It is possible that a photo will receive both the community choice award and win in another category.
- Six $200 Winners: One in each category for youth and adult, including the community choice award for youth and adult.
- 18 Finalists will be selected (3 youth, 3 adult in the two judged categories, as well as the top 3 youth and adults in the community choice category.)
- Winners' and finalists' photographs will be posted on this website. Winning photographers will be notified through e-mail and receive cash prizes in United States dollars via a check sent by United States mail. No cash transfers are available.
- Winners and finalists will be named in a news release that is widely distributed, including to their local media if known.
- ACNC will print the winning photographs to exhibit in the Nature Center.