2023 Contest Winners
| 2022 Contest Winners
| 2023 Judges
Audubon Community Nature Center is excited to add a new category for photographers for the 2023 contest. This year, there will be three categories that are judged by a panel of photographers: plants, wildlife, and landscapes. The winner of each category in both youth and adult divisions will win $200. There is also a Community Choice award of $200 for the photo that gets the most votes in both the adult and youth divisions.
Each photo entry costs $15. Photos must be submitted by 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time) on Sunday, July 2, 2023.
Prizes will be awarded in two divisions for each category:
- Adult: age 19 or older, or out of high school at the end of the contest.
- Youth: ages 8 to 18, or still in high school at the end of the contest.
- Wildlife: Any animal is acceptable, including birds, mammals, fish, snails, insects, and more. Photos of animals in captivity, such as pets, zoos, or rehab animals are not accepted.
- Landscapes: Submit your best view, whether it is of mountains, oceans, lakes, rivers, forests or any other natural view.
- Plants: Submit your most beautiful plant photos, whether it is of seeds, leaves, flowers, or whole plants.
This category is judged by the online community who can vote with $1 a vote for the photos they like best. There is a $200 prize for the photo with the most votes in both the youth and the adult division. It is possible that a photo or a photographer will receive both the community choice award and win in another category.
- Eight $200 Winners: One in each judged category for youth and adult, as well as the community choice award for youth and adult.
- 20 Finalists will be selected (3 youth, 3 adult in the three judged categories, as well as the top 3 youth and adults in the community choice category.)
- Winning photographers will be notified through e-mail and receive cash prizes in United States dollars via a check sent by United States mail. No cash transfers are available.
- Winners and finalists will be named in a news release that is widely distributed, including to their local media if known.
- ACNC will print the winning photographs from the judged categories to exhibit in the Nature Center.