It’s Calendar Photo Contest time again at the Animal Welfare League of Alexandria (AWLA)- one of our most important fundraisers of the year! It is time for us to thank last year's grand prize winners, Abby and Max, and select the winners for 2016.
Submit photos of your favorite pet(s) for a chance to win the coveted spot on the front cover of the 2016 AWLA calendar and have your pet be recognized as the 2016 Alexandria Animal of the Year! And all while helping to raise critical funds to enable the AWLA to continue caring for animals in need.
The entry fee is $30 (one entry per photo). Every entrant will:
- Be included in the calendar. 3rd place winners and higher will be guaranteed a spot on one of the "month" pages of the calendar. Other contestants will be featured in the Puparrazzi and Purrrrfect pages at the end of the calendar;
- Receive a complimentary 2016 AWLA Calendar;
- Have the chance to win the prizes listed below based on how many votes their pet wins and therefore, funds they raise for AWLA.
Entries and votes can be made online, by mail, in person, email and by phone. There is a minimum of $25 to make votes by mail, in person, by email or by phone.
All entries and votes must be submitted by the deadlines listed below to be pictured in the calendar or to be counted. Entries and votes made:
- Online must be received by noon on September 17, 2015;
- By mail or in person entries must arrive at the Vola Lawson Animal Shelter by noon on September 15, 2015. We cannot count post marked dates;
- By email must by received at email@example.com by 10am on September 17th, 2015;
- By phone must be called in to 703-746-5512 by 10am on September 17th, 2015.
THE GRAND PRIZEPrizes will be awarded based on fundraising totals. The Grand Prize will be awarded to the participant who places first in amount of votes received (money raised).
The pet with the most votes at the end of the competition will win the grand prize. The grand prize winner will:
- Be featured on the cover of the 2016 AWLA Calendar (which is sold in stores throughout Alexandria);
- Receive a cover photo shoot and prints donated by Shelley Castle Photography. AWLA will select the cover of the calendar from among these photos. The winning photo will be featured on the inside of the calendar along with a photo of his/her owners;
- Receive a professional photo shoot and prints of his/her owner compliments of Gena Roma Photography;
- Be recognized as the 2016 Alexandria Animal(s) of the Year and be invited to lead the 2016 Alexandria's Walk for Animals and to participate in other events throughout 2016 to represent animals in the City. (If the animal is unable to walk in the parade, the animal will be represented with his/her photo from the contest carried by his/her owner or AWLA volunteer at the head of the parade);
- Be featured on AWLA's website from the end of the contest to the beginning of 2016;
- Receive 25 copies of the calendar to sign and give to his/her fans.
THE FIRST PRIZEFour winners, 2 through 5 in vote placement, will each be featured as a full page in the calendar. The highest winner will get first choice of month for their calendar page and the consecutive three will also have their choice in order of placement of votes received. They will each be featured on AWLA's website during the month that they are featured. First prize winners will also receive 10 calendars each to be picked up or shipped by the winners.
SECOND PRIZEEight winners, 6 through 13 in vote placement, will receive a half page photo in one of the months of the calendar (determined by AWLA). They will each be featured on AWLA's website during the half month they are featured. Second prize winners will also receive 5 calendars each to be picked up or shipped by the winners.
THIRD PRIZESixteen winners,14- 30 in vote placement, will receive above the fold placement on a calendar month. Size will be determined based on space. Third prize winners will also receive 2 calendars each to be picked up or shipped by the winners.
EVERY PET IS A WINNEREven if your pet doesn't win one of the top prizes, he or she will be included on the special Puparrazzi and Purrrrfect pages inside the calendar and you will receive one free copy of the calendar per entry to be picked up or shipped by the participant.Questions