- Contest Entry and Campaign Dates: 10/01/2021 5am ET - 11/14/2021 12am ET.
- Entry donations are $25 per photo entry. (One photo per entry.)
- Votes are $1 each. (Minimum of 5 votes per donation transaction although votes may be cast independently.)
- Each photo contest entry donation includes 5 free votes.
- All photo entries, donations and voting must be made via the online contest site. (No mailed, emailed, Facebook-posted or hand-delivered photo entries will be accepted.)
- All photo contest entries are subject to the "photo submission guidelines" section below.
- Photos not meeting the "photo submission guidelines" will be disqualified from the prize-winning positions on the calendar but may be used in smaller locations on the calendar as photo quality allows.
- Entrants will be notified of non-compliant photos but there are no refunds of donations.
CGPR reserves the right to select the month a winning photo will be featured. This allows for appropriate background subject matter to be represented on appropriate months. (ie. No snow in July. No autumn leaves in April.)
If multiple photo entries of the same Pyr are submitted, only the photo with the highest votes may be featured on the cover or on one of the 12 months. (ie. Leo can't be cover Pyr and also April Pyr. Leo can't be April and September Pyr.)
In the event of a tie in high vote-earning photos 1-13, only one photo will be featured on the cover or a calendar month.
- Donation entries are $25 per date reserved. Reserve your date here.
- Only one date per month may be reserved using the same photo.
- Only one Pyr per photo please. Date-sized photos can only accommodate one Pyr-snout per date!
- Multiple dates throughout the year may be reserved using the same entry photo.
- Reserve-a-Day entries are not required to enter the Photo Contest and will not be eligible for any prizes.
- Entries will only be used on date(s) purchased by the entrant.
- All Reserve-a-Day entries and donations must be made via the online contest site. (No mailed, emailed, Facebook-posted or hand-delivered photo entries will be accepted.)
- Reserve-a-Day entry dates are on a first come, first reserved basis.
- Reserve-a-Day entries are subject to the "photo submission guidelines" section below.
Photo Submission Guidelines:
- Photos must be taken by the owners of the subject Pyr. If photos are submitted of a Pyr not owned by the photo-taker, the individual submitting the photo must submit written permission from the Pyr owner to allow the photo submission.
- Once entered, the photo becomes the property of CGPR and may be used as CGPR deems appropriate in the promotion of calendar sales and future contests.
- No professional, copyrighted material or stock photography accepted.
- No digitally manipulated or altered photos accepted.
- Calendar Entry photos must be of high-resolution. Minimum 2550 x 3000 pixels. Typically 2MB+ file sizes are acceptable.
- Only digital photos in a horizontal layout/landscape orientation will be accepted for calendar cover and calendar page entries.
- Vertical layouts are acceptable for Reserve-a-Day photos.
- Only digital formats of JPEG and PNG are acceptable.
- All photo entry subjects must be Great Pyrenees or Pyr-mix.
- Entry Pyrs do NOT need to be adopted from Carolina Great Pyrenees Rescue. All Pyrs welcomed! We embrace the breed!
- Multiple photo entries of the same Pyr, each receiving their own votes, is allowed.
- If you enter your Pyr more than once using different photos, only one can be represented in the top 13 winning photos.
- No people in photos.
- Other companion or livestock animals may be included in photos where a Great Pyrenees or Pyr-mix is the primary subject.
- Pictures of dogs dressed in ethnic/racial/cultural costumes will not be considered for publication.
- Memorial entries are welcomed.
- Inappropriate content as determined by CGPR leadership will be disqualified and removed from the contest with no refunds of donations.
Contact CGPR with Calendar-related questions at firstname.lastname@example.org