Since its inception in 1935, the Conservation Federation of Missouri has been proud to showcase our state’s rich outdoor heritage and its diverse wildlife, plants, and habitats. This year for the first time, we are hosting a photo contest to share our member’s artistic observations. We will have several categories for photographs and instructions and guidelines for submissions. Honors will be given for first place in each category and first, second, and third place overall. Many submissions will appear in our web and print media. Photos will be judged on creativity, impact, content, and visual quality. We hope you will join with us and enjoy photography of our great Missouri outdoors.
Photo Submission Categories
- Get Outdoors – This category will include people exploring the outdoors! Take a kid fishing. Go on a hike. Sit and watch the birds in the backyard. Visit an educational program. As you go, take a photo!
- Missouri’s Natural Areas – Here we will spotlight Missouri’s public lands, this includes, but is not limited to our beautiful state parks, conservation areas, and national parks.
- Tracks and Traces – This is the place for your best plant and wildlife photography. We hope you’ve gotten to get outside lately and see lots of neat things and we hope you’ll share them with us.
- All Aquatics – We couldn’t leave out our fish and floaters! If you are an angler, into aquatic invertebrates, love paddling the Ozarks and the rest of the state, or visiting our caves and springs, enter your photos here.
- Photographs must have been taken in the state of Missouri within the last year. Only photographs from January 2020 to present will be accepted.
- Any activities in photos must be legal and conform to all state, state parks, and Wildlife Code rules and regulations.
- This contest is for amateur photography only. If you receive payment of more than $1,000 annually for your photos, please refrain from entering into this contest.
- You may submit any number of photographs in any category. You will notice, a photo such as one of a child fishing could fit into any of the 4 categories, feel free to submit in whichever category suits it best, but do NOT submit the same photo in multiple categories.
- All photos must be submitted online at: https://www.gogophotocontest.com/confedmo.
- Photos that have been digitally altered beyond basic editing and toning will not be accepted.
- People who submit photos into the contest will receive no more than one, prize. Prizes will be awarded as follows: First Place for each of the 4 categories, $100; Best of Show, $250; with all winners being announced in the CFM magazine. Winners will be decided by the number of votes they receive through donations on the photo contest website ($1 = 1 vote).
- By entering this contest, you give permission for the Conservation Federation of Missouri to publish any photos in our media. This includes, but is not limited to the Conservation Federation magazine, social media, and webpages. Credit will be given to the photographer.
- CFM staff and their immediate families will be ineligible to win.
- There are no age limits for persons wishing to submit their photographs.
- Photo submissions and voting will run concurrently opening July 1st at 8:00 A.M. and will close on September 30th at 10:00 P.M. The earlier photos are submitted, the more likely they are to gain more votes.
Prizes will be awarded for the first place winners of each of the for photo categories at $100 each with the best of show winning $250.
Winning photographs will also be placed in the CFM magazine in an article highlighting the contest.