Guide Dogs for the Blind invites you to enter our Puparazzi Photo Contest! This is not your typical photography contest. We're excited to be partnering with GoGo to offer an online, interactive voting platform that not only lets you be actively involved in your photo submission's chance of winning a spot in GDB's 2020-2021 calendar, but helps raise funds for GDB's mission as well.
Here's How It Works – If You Read Nothing Else, Please Read The Following:
*In order to be considered for inclusion in the GDB calendar, a high-resolution horizontal (landscape orientation) digital file of the winning photo must be available to send to GDB at the close of the contest. (A high resolution file is 8 megapixels or larger – cell phone photos may not qualify.) If for some reason the winning photo does not meet the calendar formatting criteria, GDB will work with the winner to highlight the photo in another GDB channel, and/or arrange to use a different photo of the same dog(s) that would meet the criteria.
- There are five different categories for photo entries:
- Working GDB Guide Dogs:
Dogs must be wearing their GDB harnesses in order to be approved for inclusion in this category.
- Guide Dog Puppies:
Dogs must be wearing their GDB puppy coats in order to be approved for inclusion in this category.
- GDB Breeder Dogs:
Dogs should ideally be wearing their GDB breeder dog scarves in order to be approved for inclusion in this category.
- GDB Career Change Dogs:
Dogs must be career change dogs from GDB to be approved for inclusion in this category. Photos showing the dog wearing the GDB-issued career change dog scarf would be wonderful, but it is not required. Please note: photos will not be approved if they feature dogs in vests, coats, or scarves from other service dog schools or organizations.
- Pet Pooches:
Any dog of any breed, just great photos of dogs! Please note: photos will not be approved if they feature dogs in vests, coats, or scarves from other service dog schools or organizations.
- The contest website will be open for submissions and voting starting Thursday April 2, 2020 at 8:00:00 a.m. PST through Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 9:00:00 p.m. PST.
- Photo descriptions and identification must accompany all submissions. A submission must include the name(s) of the dog(s) and any people in the image, and a brief description of the photo. Example of an image description: Yellow Lab guide dog puppy Buffy posing in front of a field of colorful wildflowers.
- Please post the highest resolution image/largest file size available.
- Horizontal images are preferred.
- There will be one winner per category as well as an overall winner.
- Winners are determined by number of votes. Votes cost $1 each, and there's no limit on how many times people can vote. The photo that gets the most votes in its respective category wins that category. The photo with the most votes overall wins the overall contest.
- Winning photos (with the exception of the Pet Pooches category) will be considered for inclusion in GDB's 2020-2021 calendar.*
- Each category winner will receive 10 copies of the calendar.
- The overall winner will receive 10 copies of the calendar as well as a $100 gift card.
- The voting proceeds are all tax-deductible donations to Guide Dogs for the Blind. All votes must be paid for online via the contest's secure checkout system; you will receive a tax receipt by email when your transaction is complete.
- You'll want to spread the word about the contest to friends, family, coworkers and anyone you can think of and ask them to support your entry by voting for your dog's picture. We will make it easy for you to get the word out, so when the contest begins you will be able to link your entry in the voting gallery directly to your Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, email accounts, and more. It's up to you to spread the word, encourage people to vote by donation, and make sure your photo wins its category - all while supporting Guide Dogs for the Blind.
- Still have questions? Please read the RULES section of this website for a complete list of the contest rules, as well as answers to many of the most frequently asked questions about photo submissions.