Calling all Duuuuval pet owners!
Do you think you have the cutest dog or cat in Jax? Time to make it official! The Jacksonville Humane Society (JHS) is thrilled to launch our fourth annual Jacksonville’s Cutest Pet Contest sponsored by Subaru of Jacksonville. This is your chance to show the world – or at least the First Coast – just how adorable your furry bff is.
The winning pet will earn the title of “Jacksonville’s Cutest Pet” and be featured on digital billboards across Jacksonville and on the JHS website throughout 2024.
11 runners-up will earn the title of JHS Spokespet of the Month and be featured on the JHS website for one month in 2024.
Every single contest entry and vote will provide JHS with much-needed, lifesaving funds that enable us to continue serving our community and caring for nearly 9,000 dogs, cats, kittens, and puppies each year.
We can’t wait to see all your picture paw-fect pets! Thank you so much for supporting JHS. Generosity breeds joy.
Grand Prize (1)
The pet with the most votes will receive:
- Official title as “Jacksonville’s Cutest Pet”
- Pet featured on digital billboard across Jacksonville (thank you to our partners at Clear Channel Outdoor!)
- Pet featured as JHS Spokespet for one month of your choice on the front page of the JHS website
- Pet features on the JHS website front page all year in 2024
- Pet interview shared on JHS blog and social media
- 1-hour professional photoshoot with Joan H Walker PAWtography
- Special media release to all local news outlets
- JHS and Subaru Prize Pack
First Prize (11)
The next 11 pets with the most votes will win:
- Pet featured as the JHS Spokespet for one month on the front page of the JHS website in 2024
- JHS and Subaru Prize Pack
- Photo submissions must be of owned, domestic dogs and cats*. Your pet does not have to be adopted from JHS to enter.
- Photos should feature ONE pet only. Photos submitted in which more than one pet is visible will result in disqualification.
- Photos should be in focus and of high quality, in either .jpg or .png format. Entrants who submit photos that are not high quality will be disqualified.
- Photos should have file size of 2MB or higher.
- Photos must not be altered, other than minor adjustments to contrast, brightness, etc.
- Photos must contain only pets – no humans.
- Only one photo submission per entry fee is allowed.
- You may submit as many entries as you like, but they must be of different pets.
- Any photograph that includes content that is deemed inappropriate, obscene, etc., as determined by the staff of JHS, will be removed from the contest with no refunds.
- If your photo was taken by a professional or commercial photographer, you must send a signed copyright release to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once entered, photos become the property of the JHS and may be used for print and digital marketing purposes, including social media.
- The submission period begins on August 1, 2023, and ends on August 27, 2023.
- The voting period begins on August 1, 2023, and ends on August 31, 2023.
- JHS staff are eligible to enter but not eligible to win the grand prize.
Contest & Voting Fees
- Each entry is $10.
- Every $1 donation counts as one vote (minimum of five votes, or $5).
- Votes are unlimited.
- All donations from voting and entries are non-refundable.
- Entries and donations MUST be made via the online contest page.
The Jacksonville Humane Society reserves the right to alter contest rules as necessary.
Please send questions to email@example.com.
* Photo submissions are limited to dogs and cats to eliminate confusion since the winning pets will be featured on the JHS website and we are a shelter for dogs and cats.