Welcome to the 2022 Zionsville Kiwanis Coolest Dog & Cat Contest.
Announcing a new mini-contest
Because of the support of our sponsors for your dogs and our causes, we are announcing a mini-contest this week, giving each entrant an equal opportunity to win. For the cool dog or that gathers the most votes between 8 a.m. (Eastern time) Monday, September 19 and 8 p.m. (Eastern time) Friday, September 23, there will be a special prize package, which will include a professional photo session, pet treats, toys and other supplies.
Good luck to all our cool dogs and cats. Happy vote-hunting. The winner will be announced on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/kiwaniszionsville.Stay informed via Facebook.
This could be your dog or cat in 2022
What Are We Doing?
A fun online fundraiser to benefit children, pets and our community
In 2021, online voters declared an Australian cattle dog as the Zionsville Kiwanis Coolest Dog. From a field of nearly 170 entries, Pepper was the top vote-getter/fundraiser. Not yet one-year-old, he was featured on the label of Deviate Brewing's "Pepper's Pale Ale," showered with prizes, appeared in a Current newspaper article and, this September 10, will walk with the Kiwanis club in the Fall Festival Parade.
This year, your dog or cat could be rocking a Deviate brew or a Julian Coffee Roasters brew ... as the top fundraiser in the 2022 Zionsville Coolest Dog & Cat Contest. All while helping to raise funds for great causes.
Why Are We Doing This?
Because children ... and dogs and cats ... need our help
Yes, we want to have fun and we want to recognize some really cool pets, but there are bigger reasons for running the Zionsville Kiwanis Coolest Dog & Cat contest:
- Local Boys & Girls Clubs need new equipment. The Zionsville Unit, for example, needs new laptops for after-school tutoring and homework. The Whitestown Unit needs a portable screen for outdoor movies for family and teen events.
- The Humane Society for Boone County is expanding its Whitestown facility, and they're adding cages which need new doors. They also need panels so dogs can be transferred in or out of their cages without disturbing other dogs.
- The Riley Children's Foundation needs funding assistance to address the state's high infant mortality rate.
- The Zionsville High School Key Club teaches Zionsville and Whitestown youth how and why service is an important attribute of leadership.
- The Zionsville Kiwanis Club has partnered with the Zionsville Cultural District to bring music to the village via the Lincoln Park summer concert series.
- And so much more.
How can your pet get involved?
Enter, promote, vote and have fun
It's that simple.
- Enter your dog or cat:
- Your $10 contribution enters your pet in the contest. Write a few sentences about your pet, whether factual or fantasy. And post a good photo of the animal.
- Use social media to ask your family, friends, co-workers and everyone you know to vote for your cool dog and or cat.
- Vote as often as you want. Tell your supporters to vote as often as they want. It's only $1 per vote, but larger contributions qualify for bonus votes.
- Have fun
- Check your pet's progress. regularly at this website.
- Use social media to brag about your dog or cat and encourage votes.
- Enjoy competing against co-workers' and friends' entries.
- Follow the contest on Facebook at www.facebook.com/KiwanisZionsville and on Instagram at www.instagram.com/kiwanisclubofzionsville.
- Know that you're helping children locally, statewide and globally, as well as Boone County animals.
For tips and and more details on the entry process, rules, sponsors and such, look through the other pages on this website. Thank You