How We Select Winning Photos To Feature In The Calendar
We invite you to submit your photographs to the Pets in Lifejackets - Calendar Photo Contest.
There is no entry fee. Donations made in support of an animal are valued at one vote for every $1.00 donated. Those who donate $15.00 or more will receive a tax-receipt. There will be twelve winning images and a Grand Prize winner.
The contest and sale of the 2021 Pets in Lifejackets Calendars is a Lifesaving Society Manitoba fundraising project. Proceeds from voting donations and the sale of the calendar will go towards drowning prevention initiatives of Lifesaving Society Manitoba.
Images are submitted through the Pets in Lifejackets - Calendar Contest Page. The following criteria is taken into account in deciding the winners.
- Subject matter – The photo must feature a pet in a lifejacket or pfd (personal floatation device) Submitted photos cannot contain a person. Animals only.
- Composition, Creativity and Impact – Featured photos will be clear, balanced, and pleasing to the eye reflecting water and boat safety and a pet. Horizontal (landscape) orientation is preferred as it is required for pet of the month placement.
- Technical requirements – Photos must be submitted in high-resolution digital format of between 300 and 600 DPI, minimum file size of 4mb (megabytes) in size and in a generally accepted file format. Please note: most phone photos will not meet these standards. Submitted photos must not be currently held in copyright by any individual or organization and must be previously unpublished work.
- Eligibility – Participants must be residents of Manitoba or Northwestern Ontario. Voters from outside of Manitoba and Canada are welcomed and eligible. Employees, Board members and relatives of Lifesaving Society Manitoba may participate but are not eligible to win. Entries are limited to one photo. You may submit as many entries as you like. However only one entry per animal will be permitted in the calendar.
- Winning selections – While voting will contribute to deciding the winning photos, Lifesaving Society Manitoba reserves the right to ultimately select the winners whose photos reflect safe water practices.
- Notifying winners – Winners will be contacted by email with winning photos shared on Lifesaving Society Manitoba Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and in the calendar. Winning photographers may be asked to supplement their submission with an expanded description.
- Prizes - The Grand Prize winner will receive six PFDs (personal floatation devices for people, not pets) and have their photo featured on the calendar cover page as well as pet of the month. 11 other winners will have their photo featured as pets of the month. All winners will receive one calendar.
- Prize limit – Each photographer is eligible to win, at most, three entries for this calendar contest.
- Rights to images – Once entered in the Pets in Lifejackets – Calendar Contest, all photos become the property of Lifesaving Society Manitoba and can be used in print or online for marketing purposes. Lifesaving Society Manitoba reserves the right to disqualify an entry based on objectionable content.
Lifesaving Society Manitoba reserves the right to adjust contest rules and deadline (s) as a result of causes beyond its immediate control. Questions about contest rules can be emailed to Lorne Edwards, Media Coordinator, Lifesaving Society Manitoba at firstname.lastname@example.org.