The contest website for all activities is gogophotocontest.com/mbcoolestcanine
, which may be accessed either directly or through the KCMB Facebook page. Proceeds from the 2nd Annual Kiwanis Coolest Canine Contest, sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Myrtle Beach (KCMB), benefit the disadvantaged children of the Myrtle Beach area.
- The minimum donation for submitting a photo for the Kiwanis Coolest Canine Contest is $10 per photo entry. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Entering more than one pet is allowed. Each canine requires at least one $10 entry fee, depending on the number of photos submitted (see below).
- Submitting more than one photo for a single pet is allowed. Each photo requires its own $10 entry, and each photo accumulates its own votes. Votes for a single pet with multiple photos are not combined.
- Once entered, all photos become the property of KCMB and can be used, edited, or modified for print or marketing purposes.
- Any photo or caption deemed inappropriate by KCMB will be eliminated from the contest with no entry fee refund. However, we will notify the entrant and allow a replacement photo or bio.
- All entries are required to list the name of the pet pictured in the photo and a short bio. Entrants will provide this information on the contest website when entering. Sorry, we cannot accept hard copies entries.
- Online entries must be received between 12:01 a.m. EDT on Monday, 20 July 2020 and 5:00 p.m. EDT on Friday, 14 August 2020. Entries will be accepted at any time throughout the contest period. Once a photo is submitted and approved by KCMB, it will appear in the online gallery on the contest website and will be open to voting by the public.
- By participating in this contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless KCMB and each of its officers, directors, representatives, volunteers and agents from and against any claims of any nature arising out of participation in the contest or receipt or use of any prize.
- The contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
Please choose a photo with the highest resolution possible.
- The animal(s) entered in the contest must be living in the care of the person submitting the entry. EXCEPTION: Consider submitting an entry in memory of a pet who has passed away.
- Acceptable photo formats are JPEG and PNG.
- Photos may not be edited or altered (other than for minor quality adjustment). We cannot accept copyrighted professional photos.
- Photos must:
- Be at least 300 dpi in order to minimize photo distortion online
- Be in color
- Contain only one pet and no persons
- Be in horizontal (landscape) format
- Online votes must be received between 12:01 a.m. EDT on Monday, 20 July 2020 and 5:00 p.m. EDT on Friday,14 August 2020.
- Click the "Participate" tab on the contest website. Each vote costs $1, and there is no limit to the number of votes one may cast. You must donate a minimum of $5 for five votes. Those votes can then be cast for any submitted photo in one-vote increments. Voters do not have to use all the votes at the time of donation. When voters donate, they will be given the option of applying all the votes to one photo, spreading their votes over various photos, or storing votes in their account. Each dollar donated to a pet's campaign represents one vote.
- Entrants are welcome to vote for their own pet.
- Entrants are highly encouraged to seek votes from friends, relatives, acquaintances, colleagues and others around the world. Be sure to let them know that their votes help to support disadvantaged children in the Myrtle Beach area.
- All votes will be periodically tabulated and displayed on the contest website.
- Due to processing costs, a minimum $5 donation (5 votes) is required.
- All donations to the photo contest are non-refundable.
- Watch for special voting promotions throughout the contest on the contest website.
- All votes must be applied to selected photos by the conclusion of the voting period to be counted.
- An email address is required to make an online donation so a receipt can be sent to the donor.
- Entries meeting the photo criteria must be submitted between, 12:01 a.m. EDT on Monday, 20 July 2020 and 5:00 p.m. EDT on Friday, 14 August 2020. Entries will be accepted at any time throughout the contest period.
- All contest votes must be received between 12:01 a.m. EDT on Monday, 20 July 2020 and 5:00 p.m. EDT on Friday,14 2020.