All prizes are kindly donated by businesses located on Vancouver Island or elsewhere in Canada. All winners will be contacted AFTER
the competition, starting in mid-June 2022.
The 13 contestants with most votes overall will win the following Grand Prizes:
The 1st Place Winner (a dog with the highest number of votes overall) will win:
- The Cover photograph in the Vancouver Island Dogs 2023 Calendar
- A 2-night stay in a Main Floor Triplex Cabin at Middle Beach Lodge in Tofino on Vancouver Island
- ONE YEAR supply (12 bags) of Canadian-made NUTRAM dog food, your choice of recipes and bag sizes AND
- A gift basket containing an assortment of dog toys, treats and supplies donated by Qualicum Pet Foods.
The 2nd – 13th place winners will win:
- A Dog of the Month photograph in the Vancouver Island Dogs 2023 Calendar by Pauliina Saarinen Photography AND
- THREE MONTHS' supply (3 bags) of Canadian-made NUTRAM dog food, your choice of recipes and bag sizes
The photography sessions will take place at a mutually agreed location
on Vancouver Island between late June and end of July 2022. Please note that some travel to the photography location may be required.
If the winner is unable to commit to a session late June and end of July 2022, the winner will forfeit the winning and the next top voted dog will take the dog's spot in the calendar.
All winners will have the opportunity to purchase photographic products following their calendar session if desired.
Weekly Mini-Contest Prizes:
Each week of the 6- week contest, the Vancouver Island dog with the highest number of NEW VOTES
will win a mini-contest prize package. The prizes will be announced in a newsletter and social media posts for each week. All Vancouver Island Dogs are eligible to compete for these VANCOUVER ISLAND WIDE prizes.
In some weeks, there may also be an additional LOCAL PRIZE reserved for the dog with the highest number of NEW VOTES
in that particular week. The local prizes for each week will be announced in a newsletter and social media posts. Local prizes are redeemed at the place of donating business. In the event of a tie, a random computerized draw will be held between the highest vote-getters of the week to determine that week's winner. In case there are no new votes for that week, a random computerized draw will be held for all eligible dogs. PLEASE NOTE that certain individual business restrictions and limitations may apply and may vary by business. Pauliina Saarinen Photography or Operation Freedom Paws Canada is not responsible for these restrictions and eligibility requirements determined by the donating business.