Make a Difference for Animals in Ohio!
Welcome to our fourth annual summer photo contest fundraiser! It’s easy to enter and participate, and all funds raised support our mission to create positive impact for animals in Ohio.
Contest entry is only $10 and each vote is $1. Once you submit your entry, be sure to share it with your family and friends and encourage them to vote! Every dollar has impact for animals and makes a difference!
Our overall top vote getter will be featured on the cover of our 2024 Celebrating Life with Animals calendar! The top three vote getters in each category, as well as the next six highest (regardless of category) will also be featured on a month! Our top 12 winners will also have their photo featured throughout 2024 on our website and email newsletter and will receive two copies of the calendar in the fall of 2023.
In addition, all non-winning entries that receive at least 25 votes will have their photo included in the calendar or collage pages and will receive one copy of the 2024 Celebrating Life with Animals calendar in the fall of 2023!
Now’s the time for our companion animals and Ohio wildlife to shine!
Thanks so much for your support!
Additional 2024 Calendar Orders
It's not necessary to enter the contest to order the 2024 Celebrating Life with Animals calendar. Calendars can be ordered separately here:Order Your 2024 Calendar➝
The overall top vote getter will be featured on the cover of the 2024 OAF Celebrating Life with Animals Calendar and will have the opportunity to choose the month their photo is also featured.
The top three vote getters in the Companion Animal category and the top three vote getters in the Ohio Wildlife category will receive a First, Second or Third place award certificate, will be the featured photo on a month spread in the 2024 OAF Calendar, have their entry featured on the OAF website and social media, and will receive two copies of the calendar mailed to their homes in the fall of 2023.
The six next highest vote getters regardless of category will receive an Honorable Mention award certificate, and will be the featured photo on a month spread in the 2024 OAF Calendar, have their entry featured on the OAF website and social media, and will receive two copies of the calendar mailed to their homes in the fall of 2023.
In addition, winning photos will be highlighted in the Ohio Animal Connection email newsletter during the 2024 calendar month it is featured.
All entries that receive 25 or more votes will be included in the calendar or collage pages and will receive one 2024 Celebrating Life with Animals calendar by mail in the fall of 2023!
*If the winning photo does not meet calendar requirements, a different photo may be submitted by the winner and agreed upon by OAF for inclusion in the calendar. Winning photos will be either the sole photo for a month, or the largest photo displayed, depending on the print quality of the photo file. Month placement of photos will be determined by OAF with the exception of the overall winning photo.
Ohio Animal Foundation Photo Contest Rules 2023
- Contest entrants must be residents of Ohio. Voters are welcome from outside Ohio.
- Photos may include one or more animals, however, no humans should be in the photo.
- There is a $10.00 entry fee/donation per photo submitted. You may submit as many photos as you like. Entries will be accepted throughout the contest period.
- Each vote is a $1 donation, and there is no limit to the number of votes one may cast for the duration of the contest. You must purchase a minimum of five votes at a time for a minimum charge of $5. You may vote for your own photo. Online voting begins as soon as the photo is registered and ends when the contest ends.
- All winners will be determined by electronic vote tabulations under the supervision of Gogo Photo Contest, whose decisions are final and binding.
- Contest winners will be notified by email or phone call following the end of the contest. If the winner is nonresponsive after five days of the first attempt to reach him/her, Ohio Animal Foundation may select an alternate winner from the next non-winning eligible top vote-getter.
- Ohio Animal Foundation reserves the right to decline any photo submission for any reason. Should this happen, we will notify you and request a replacement photo. The entry fee will not be refunded.
- Photo must be submitted in either the “companion animal” or “wildlife” category. Ohio Animal Foundation may change the category of any photo that is improperly entered.
- All animals should be shown in a humane and dignified manner. For those entering the wildlife category, photographers should make every effort to avoid any action that interferes with natural wildlife behavior, including any environmental disruption/damage or animal harassment. Wildlife photos must be taken in Ohio.
- Contest entry fees and votes are tax deductible. Ohio Animal Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. The email acknowledgement from your online donation serves as your tax receipt. Mailed paper receipts can be requested by emailing Info@OhioAnimalFoundation.org.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant. If you submit an entry that is copyrighted by another individual, you are responsible for any legal action the copyright holder takes against you.
- By entering and/or voting in this contest, you agree to receive occasional emails from Ohio Animal Foundation. You may unsubscribe at any time. We will not share your information with any other party.
- All photo submissions must be digital and submitted through GogoPhotoContest.
- Photos must be taken at the highest resolution possible. At a minimum the photo should be clear and in focus, at least 2400 x 1800 pixels and a color image in a horizontal/landscape layout to be included in the calendar. Photos cannot contain filters or stickers of any kind, or be edited/manipulated using any type of digital software.
- We cannot accept photos of animals with red or glowing eyes.
- Please make sure your photo is clear, in focus, and not too dark or bright.
- If the photo submitted does not meet calendar requirements for print quality, a different photo may be submitted by the winner and agreed upon by OAF for inclusion in the calendar.