OESR is a volunteer-run 501(c)(3) non-profit breed rescue with fosters, adopters, and volunteers throughout the USA, centered around the Great Lakes and surrounding southern states, and originally founded in Ohio.
With so many unwanted animals found as strays or entering shelters every year, we use volunteer power to save this unique, elegant, fun and lovable breed: The English Setter.
With help of our volunteers and donors, we have achieved much over the years, including:
- We have rescued of over 500 English Setters and many other dogs in need from desperate, often urgent situations
- Medical care of those in need, including heart worm programs and necessary surgeries
- Foster Forever care for dogs that will need continued care throughout their lives
- Spaying/neutering of all rescues
- Behavioral training, where needed, prior to adoption
- Spreading the word of the importance of dog rescue