Contest Entry & Photo Requirements
- Entry fee is $10.00 to submit a photo of your beloved pet/s and include:
- Name of your Pet(s)
- Your Name
- Your Email
- Your City and State (or Provence)
- A paragraph that tells voters more about your special pet(s). Make it interesting, fun, and heartfelt to encourage those votes! If you adopted or rescued your pet be sure to let everyone know. (For the winners – this information may be used in the calendar).
- Tell us about your pets' funny quirks, habits, and personalities!
- Entry Period: February 1, 12:00PM EST through March 4, 5:00PM EST
- Voting Period: February 1, 12:00PM EST through March 4, 5:00PM EST
- Photos must be clear, of good quality in color, and high resolution — 300 dpi (3650 pixels x 2740 pixels) or higher in PNG or JPG format if possible — and no greater than 5MB. Sorry, we cannot accept hard copies.
- All submissions must be done electronically through the contest photo website. Submitted photos may be shared on our social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, and our website.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant. You must own the copyright to the photograph. Copyrighted or professional photos must be accompanied by authorization from the photographer.
- The Potter League retains the right to remove any inappropriate entries.
- Your pet/s does not have to be adopted from a shelter or rescue to qualify. All pets welcome.
- You may enter as many photos as you want. However, be sure to pick your favorites as concentrating votes on one or two fantastic photos will increase your chances of winning!
- The Potter League reserves the right to decline the publication of any photo for any reason. If we decline your photo, you will be notified and your donation will be refunded. We will not accept photos displaying profanity or animals clearly in distress.
- Photos may also be used on the Potter League's website, social media, and in advertising and promotional materials without compensation or permission.
Contest voting begins on February 1, 2022, at 12:00PM and ends on March 4, at 5pm.
- Each dollar donated to a pet's campaign represents one vote.
- Online voting begins as soon as a photo entry is submitted.
- Due to processing costs, a minimum $5 donation is required and you can store votes in your own private bank.
- All donations are tax-deductible by law.
- All donations to enter the photo contest are final.
- All votes must be applied to selected photos by the conclusion of the voting period.
- An email address is required to make an online donation so a receipt with tax information can be sent to the donor.
Top 12 winners will be notified by the Potter League.
Contest winners will be asked to participate in a professional photoshoot at the Potter League or an agreed-upon location. The purpose of this is to achieve the highest quality photographs for the calendar. If contest winners live outside of our service area, we will work together to determine the best solution. This must take place by July 1, 2022.