Potter League's 8th Annual P.S. I Love You Pet Calendar Photo Contest
Each year Potter League for Animals' pet calendar photo contest fundraiser raises funds for our vital services, which include animal sheltering and adoptions, veterinary care, wellness clinics, pet food pantry, education programs for youth and adults, spay and neuter services, and so much more!
It's easy to participate! Submit your favorite photo of your pet, then get your family and friends to vote for your pet's picture. Everyone is welcome to enter a photo of their pet(s) along with a few words about how special they are and why you love them so much. The entry fee is just $10, and you are in!
Win great prizes! These include having your pet featured on the cover and/or a full month spread of our 2025 calendar, including a professional photo shoot for your pet. All the winners will receive a complimentary calendar. Plus, all photo entries with five (5) votes or more are guaranteed inclusion in the calendar or on the collage pages!
Don't miss the chance to showcase your pet's charm and contribute to a great cause. Enter now and make your furry friend a star!
Grand Prize (1)
The photo with the most votes will be featured on the highly coveted cover and receive a one-month spread on the month of your choice in our 2025 calendar, as well as two tickets to our annual LoveBash for Animals party. Your pet will enjoy a photo shoot with Photography by Jessica Pohl
or Ashley Timms Photography
. The top 2024 Pet will also be proudly displayed as a cover photo on Potter League's Facebook page (47,000+ followers)!
Top Vote Getters will receive a coveted pet of the month placement in our 2025 calendar. Your pet will also enjoy a photoshoot with Photography by Jessica Pohl or Ashley Timms Photography.
Plus, all photo entries with 5 votes or more are guaranteed inclusion in the calendar on the collage pages! Note: All 12 winners will receive a photoshoot for their featured calendar photo with a professional photographer at a mutually agreed upon location prior to July 1, 2024. All winners will receive a complimentary calendar in the fall of 2024.
Frequently Asked Questions
Contest Entry & Photo Requirements
- Entry fee is $10.00 to submit a photo of your beloved pet(s) and include:
- Name of your Pet(s)
- Your Name
- Your Email
- Your City and State (or Provence)
- A paragraph that tells voters more about your special pet(s). Make it interesting, fun, and heartfelt to encourage those votes! If you adopted or rescued your pet be sure to let everyone know. (For the winners – this information may be used in the calendar).
- Tell us about your pets' funny quirks, habits, and personalities!
- Entry Period: 12:00:00 PM (Eastern Time) on Thursday, February 1, 2024 through 5:00:00 PM (Eastern Time) on Monday, March 4, 2024.
- Voting Period: 12:00:00 PM (Eastern Time) on Thursday, February 1, 2024 through 5:00:00 PM (Eastern Time) on Monday, March 4, 2024.
- Photos must be clear, of good quality in color, and high resolution — 300 dpi (3650 pixels x 2740 pixels) or higher in PNG or JPG format if possible — and no greater than 5MB. Sorry, we cannot accept hard copies.
- All submissions must be done electronically through the contest photo website. Submitted photos may be shared on our social media sites, such as Facebook, Instagram, and our website.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant. You must own the copyright to the photograph. Copyrighted or professional photos must be accompanied by authorization from the photographer.
- The Potter League retains the right to remove any inappropriate entries.
- Your pet(s) does not have to be adopted from a shelter or rescue to qualify. All pets are welcome.
- You may enter as many photos as you want. However, be sure to pick your favorites, as concentrating votes on one or two fantastic photos will increase your chances of winning!
- The Potter League reserves the right to decline the publication of any photo for any reason. If we decline your photo, you will be notified and your donation will be refunded. We will not accept photos displaying profanity or animals clearly in distress.
- Photos may also be used on the Potter League's website, social media, and in advertising and promotional materials without compensation or permission.
Contest voting begins at 12:00:00 PM (Eastern Time) on Thursday, February 1, 2024 and ends at 5:00:00 PM (Eastern Time) on Monday, March 4, 2024.
- Each dollar donated to a pet's campaign represents one vote.
- Online voting begins as soon as a photo entry is submitted.
- Due to processing costs, a minimum $5 donation is required and you can store votes in your own private bank.
- All donations are tax-deductible by law.
- All donations to enter the photo contest are final.
- All votes must be applied to selected photos by the conclusion of the voting period.
- An email address is required to make an online donation so a receipt with tax information can be sent to the donor.
The top 12 winners will be notified by the Potter League.
Contest winners will be asked to participate in a professional photoshoot at the Potter League or an agreed-upon location. The purpose of this is to achieve the highest quality photographs for the calendar. If contest winners live outside of our service area, we will work together to determine the best solution. This must take place by July 1, 2024.
How Much Is The Entry Fee?
- The entry fee is $10 per photo. You can make an additional donation during the entry process that will count as votes* toward your submitted photo(s). All proceeds from the contest entries and votes will go directly to support Potter League for Animals' vital programs and services.
*A minimum of 5 votes is required for guaranteed inclusion in the 2025 calendar
How Many Photos Can I Enter?
- You can enter as many as you'd like! However, we suggest entering one photo and sharing that entry with friends & family to encourage voting.
- Each entry has a $10 entry fee
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Photos of cats, dogs, horses, small mammals, reptiles, and birds are accepted
- Your pet does NOT have to be adopted from Potter League for Animals to be eligible to enter the contest
- Photos may contain more than one pet
- Photos should be clear, of good quality in color, and high resolution. (300 dpi or higher suggested)
- Photos must only contain pets (no people or wildlife)
- Photos must feature pets owned by the photographer OR the entrant must have permission to submit the photo.
Can I enter professional photos of my pet?
- Yes, so long as you have permission from the photographer to enter the photo in the contest.
- Photographs with the photographer's watermarks will not be eligible to be included in the calendar.
How do I vote for a pet's picture?Votes are $1 each, with a minimum donation of $5 for five votes
. All votes are tax-deductible. Yes, you can vote for your own pet's photo (and as many times as you and your friends and family want!).
When does voting close?
Voting closes at 5:00:00 PM (Eastern Time) on Monday, March 4, 2024.
How do I know if I won?
The winners will be announced via social media & you will be contacted via email. You can also check the leaderboards
to see how well your pet is doing. Remember, only the top 12 with the most votes will be featured as Pet of the Month models.
When will I get my calendar?
We will mail calendars in Fall 2024.