- Photos **MUST BE** able to be printed to a high-quality print on an 8x10 sheet (minimum 2400 x 1800 pixels), photos that do not meet this criteria may be entered but owner and animal must be available (at their own expense and between the dates of 10/01/2020 and 10/15/2020) for an in-person photoshoot within a 2 hour driving radius of Richmond, Virginia OR allow another photo to be chosen that meets the parameters of the printer. SOHO reserves the right to reject a photo or request a replacement photo for use suitable in a calendar.
- Any herding dog (or herding mix, or honorary herding dog) is eligible for entry
- By submitting a photo to the contest, you affirm that you are the photographer, or have been given unrestricted use permission by the photographer, to include the photo.
How to Enter the ContestTo submit a photo for the calendar and SOHO calendar cover fundraising contest, just follow these easy steps:1. Quick Registration
: Just click the "enter contest" button on our HOME PAGE
or select "enter contest" from the "participate" menu above, to access the GoGo Photo Contest registration form. Complete the brief form and click "create account," or log in if you already have an account.2. Enter Contest:
After you set up your account, you'll be taken to the Enter Contest
page. Click the choose file
button to select a high-quality photo of your dog, then list your dog's name, your name, your city and state and a brief descriptive bio of your dog (100 words maximum). As an option, you can select a personal fundraising goal for your dog—this is not needed to enter the contest, however. When you're finished, click the submit
button. Your dog's photo will upload to the contest site and you'll be shown the information you entered, including your dog's photo. If you want to change anything about your entry, click modify entry
and change the relevant information. Otherwise, click continue to donation page
to complete the entry process.3. Enter Your Dog:
Your $5 non-refundable entry fee entitles you to submit one picture and enter the Top Dog Cover Contest fundraiser. Just enter your credit card number, expiration date and card CVC security number and click submit
to enter your dog in the contest. Note that you can choose to enter more
than $5 if you wish, to give your dog a quick head-start toward the Top Dog cover prize. Simply select the additional amount from the drop-down menu.
Photo Submission Requirements1. Only one photo submission per entry fee,
so give us your best shot. No refunds for photos that cannot be used. You can submit multiple entries/photos for inclusion in the calendar, but each dog can be represented by only one photo in the contest, which in the case of multiple entries, we will select.2. Photos must be taken at the highest resolution possible
. At a minimum your digital photo should be at least 2400 x 1800 pixels
and a color image
in a horizontal layout
. Photos cannot contain filters of any kind, such as Snapchat or Instagram filters. As long as your photos are high-resolution they can be submitted in any digital format—JPEG, PNG, TIFF, etc. Yes, you can submit a photo with multiple dogs in it but they will not reproduce as well. We suggest no more than two dogs per photo, with the dogs placed close together. No humans in photos, only dogs and other pets.3. A few tips:
You can use a digital camera or your smart phone to take the contest photo. Whichever you use, please make sure you're shooting at the highest quality setting. Make sure your dog is in focus, that your photo is not over- or under-exposed (too light or too dark) and take more than one photo so you can select the best one. Your submitted photo's file size should be measured in MB rather than KB. IMPORTANT: please check your email settings to make sure the photo is not reduced in size when you send it to us. 4. Submitted photos will be posted online starting on September 4.
Voting in the 2021 calendar fundraising contest starts September 4 and runs through September 28. Get your friends and relatives to vote your dog
Top Dog. Every dollar equals one vote/point; the dog with the highest number of points will be Cover Dog for 2021 and all the money raised goes to help rescue. All submissions are subject to the contest rules set forth below. Calendar photos will be chosen for publication in the calendar based on composition, image quality and aesthetic appeal. You will be notified in September if your calendar photos have been accepted. Whether your photos are chosen or not, you'll still receive a terrific calendar and you'll also be helping rescue!
Official Contest Rules
- How to Enter: Enter the Save Our Herders Outreach 2021 Calendar Contest Fundraiser (the "Fundraiser"), between 12:00:00 PM EDT on September 4, 2020 and 11:59:59 PM EDT on September 28, 2020 by visiting gogophotocontest.com/sohocalendarcontest2021Participants must fully complete the online submission form and upload a photo, described more fully in "How to Enter the Contest" above. In order to participate in the Fundraiser, entrants must make a $5 donation to SOHO Inc. ("Sponsor") to enter their submission. Payment must be submitted by credit card on the contest site. Incomplete or Inappropriate Entries will be rejected. All Entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 PM EDT on September 26, 2020. All Entries must include one (1) photo, as described more fully in "Photo Submission Requirements" above and in Section 2 below, a completed entry form, and a payment to Sponsor. All Entries must be the fully original creations of the entrants. By entering, all participants warrant and represent that their respective Entries are their own fully original creations, and their respective Entries (including but not limited to any materials integrated into their Entries) will not infringe or violate the rights of any third parties, including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity/privacy.
- Photo Specifications: All Entries must include one color image, horizontal layout preferred, in a high-resolution digital photo of at least 2400 x 1800 pixels and contain only a herding dog or mixed herding dog type. See complete photo guidelines above. Entries which do not include a Photo or include a Photo that does not conform to these specifications will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Entries and/or Photos that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate, for any reason whatsoever. All Photos must be the original, unpublished and sole work of the respective entrant.
- Additional Entry Information: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Only fully completed entries are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. All Entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering, entrants agree that Sponsor shall post all Photos on Sponsor's website and shall have the right to utilize entrant's Photo in Sponsor's promotional materials in any and all media in perpetuity. In the event that an insufficient number of entries are received, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Fundraiser and shall be under no obligation to award the prizes. Entrants waive any claims against Sponsor, and its affiliates concerning any entrant's right in the photos submitted. Entries not satisfying these Official Rules will be automatically disqualified. All entrants must have a valid email address. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter the Fundraiser, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Fundraiser or downloading any materials in this Fundraiser.
- Online Voting: Entries received will be judged by public vote on the website located at gogophotocontest.com/sohocalendarcontest2021. Voting will begin at 12:00:00 PM EDT on September 4, 2020 and end at 11:59:59 PM EDT September 28, 2020. Visitors to gogophotocontest.com/sohocalendarcontest2021 will have the opportunity to select their favorite entries by following the online instructions. Online voters will be allowed to vote for as many Photos as they like by donating to rescue in the name of the candidates. Each dollar donated will count as one vote, with donations starting at a $1 minimum. Note that voting does NOT entitle the participant to a 2021 SOHO Dog Rescue calendar, but a prize MAY be determined by the judges at the time of judging. At the conclusion of the voting period, the entry with the most eligible points (dollars) will be deemed the "Winner," pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The next entries with the next most eligible votes will be deemed the "First Runner Up,", Second Place, Third Place and Fourth Place pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of a tie, tied entries will be judged by Sponsor in accordance with the following criteria: (i) composition: 50% and (ii) quality: 25%; and (iii) originality: 25%. The decision of Sponsor will be final and binding in all respects. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules.
- Eligibility: Participation open only to residents of the United States and Canada. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
- Prizes: Winner(s) will have their Photo used as the cover page in the 2021 SOHO Dog Calendar as a full page image. The 2021 SOHO Dog Calendar will be available on or about November 15, 2020.
- Notification. Potential Winners and Runners Up will be notified by telephone or email on or about October 1, 2020. If winners cannot be contacted, or in the event of noncompliance with these Fundraiser rules and requirements, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one (1) prize per person or household.
- General: As a condition to receiving any prize, winners will be required to execute an assignment transferring and assigning all of their respective rights, title and interest, including but not limited to any copyrights or trademarks, in the Photo to Sponsor, without further compensation or permission. By entering, entrants agree to transfer and assign all of their respective rights, title and interest, including but not limited to any copyrights or trademarks, in their Entries to Sponsor, without further compensation or permission. By entering, entrants agree to the use of their names, likenesses, biographical information and Entries (including but not limited to the Photo) for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Additionally, by participating in this Fundraiser, or by accepting a prize, all participants agree to release Sponsor from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever which may occur in connection with, preparation for, or participation in Fundraiser, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Fundraiser-related activity and claims based on publicity rights, copyright/trademark infringement, intellectual property rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Neither the Sponsor nor their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions nor related companies are responsible for any damages, taxes, or expenses that winners might incur as a result of this Fundraiser or receipt of prize. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Additional Terms. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Fundraiser should (in its sole discretion) viruses, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Fundraiser. In such case, Sponsor will select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Fundraiser or website.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE FUNDRAISER MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Sponsor: SOHO Dog Rescue (Save Our Herders Outreach) - P.O. Box 11223, Richmond, VA, 23230.