HOW DO WE HELP THE ANIMALS?
The mission of The Crossings Animal Society is to ensure a loving home and quality care for every dog and cat in our area. Located in Bucks County, PA, we also help dogs and cats in Mercer County, NJ, and in other nearby locations.
Our approach is to work with shelters, rescues, and animal welfare organizations, as well as veterinarians, trainers, and animal lovers like you to become a no-kill community. Having a no-kill community means that we save 95- 98% of all dogs and cats, regardless of age or "adoptability."
The proceeds from the "I'm Rescued and Unforgettable" Pet Calendar Contest will be used for our programs which directly help dogs and cats in our community. Our programs include the following:
Adoptions, Fosters, and Surrenders ProgramOur Adoptions, Fosters, and Surrenders Program
adopts local dogs and cats. The goal is to increase the adoptions of local homeless dogs and cats, by:
Fur-Ever Match Program
- Accepting surrenders of dogs and cats in Bucks County and Mercer County
- Posting adoptive pets on adoption websites, social media, and through email to our supporters
- Screening applications from potential adoptive families, including reference checks, vet checks, and home visits
- Finalizing adoption into a forever, loving home
- Following up adoptions with a volunteer Ambassador, and with the availability of our volunteer trainer
The Fur-Ever Match Program
assists local families in finding and adopting just the right dog or cat into their family, by:
- Pre-approving adoption applications, which include specific information about the pet the family is looking for, e.g., age, gender, weight range, activity level
- Reaching out to our shelter partners to locate the dog or cat that is just right for the family
- Setting up a meet-and-greet and, if the match is right, finalizing an adoption
- Following up the adoption with a volunteer Ambassador, and with the availability of our volunteer trainer
Animal Help and Adoption Network
The Animal Help and Adoption Network
provides resources and referrals for area residents and for local rescue organizations. Through our hotline, we provide:
- Assistance with requests for pet adoptions and surrenders;
- Referrals to local resources, such as trainers, veterinarians, and low-cost spay-neuter clinics; and
- Advice for minor behavioral and medical issues.
Boris & Natasha's Fund
Boris & Natasha's Fund
supplements the cost of life-sustaining veterinary care. This program provides assistance for:
- Pets living in families that are experiencing financial distress;
- Homeless dogs and cats surrendered to The Crossings Animal Society; and
- Dogs and cats fostered by local rescue organizations with limited funds.