When can I enter the contest?
Entries will begin on Wednesday, August 18,2021 and you will have time to build your pet's profile until Wednesday, September 8, 2021. All entries must be submitted by midnight CST on September 8, 2021.
What are the details I need to know for entering the contest?
Click here to read the submission rules and photo guidelines.
Can I enter more than one pet?
Yes, you can enter several animals. Each entry is a donation of $20.
What is the process for entering my pet?
- Step 1) Register for a GoGo Photo Contest Account
- Step 2) Click Enter Contest and then upload a photo of your pet, set a fundraising goal, and add complete other details like city, state, and pet’s story.
- Step 3) Review and confirm the details for your entry
- Step 4) A reminder will pop up about the cost required to enter the contest, a donate of $20
- Step 5) You will then have the ability to pay for initial votes ($1/vote) to help put your pet in the lead.
- Step 6) A summary will appear with a tally of your $20 entry donation + $ for any votes purchased. Enter your payment info and then click submit.
- You will then receive a confirmation and be redirected to your pet’s live page. Feel free to log back into your GoGo Photo Contest account to update your pet’s profile up until September 8, 2021.
- Get ready to share your link when voting opens on September 13, 2021.
Click here to see an example
I've entered my pet(s), what is the next step?
Make sure to share your pet's page with family, friends, and colleagues! You can also use the GoGo Pet Contest tools to share on social media #uhccf #pets4kids #crittershelpingkids.
When does voting take place?
Voting will start at 8:00 AM CST on September 13, 2021 and end at 11:59 PM CST on September 30, 2021.
How do I find a pet to vote for?
On the right side of the home page, just under the fundraising progress bar, click on "View Entries and Vote"
How are votes counted?
Each vote costs $1, and there is a purchase minimum of 5 votes ($5).
Votes can be applied to a single pet, or if a voter creates a GoGo Photo Contest account, they can use the voting bank to purchase multiple votes and then allocate them to the pet's of their choice.
How does the vote bank work?
Once you create an account, you can use your vote bank to purchase votes that can be applied to one or more entries in the contest. Your vote bank will show your current balance once your transaction is complete.
Users can donate using all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diner's Club) and Visa and MasterCard debit cards.
Many participants donate for votes through the vote bank and apply them to their entry toward the end of the contest. Others add votes to their vote bank so that they can easily vote for multiple entries in the contest.
To apply votes in your vote bank to an entry, visit the entry page you wish to apply votes to and select Use Votes in Vote Bank as your payment method.
Are votes and donations tax-deductible?How can I submit a donation match?
The UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation (Fed ID 52-2177891) is a Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization under the Internal Revenue Code, and your contribution is deductible for Federal income tax purposes under Section 170(b)(1)(A)(vi) of the Code. In compliance with Internal Revenue Service requirements, your charitable tax deduction must be reduced by the value of any goods or services provided in consideration of this contribution. You should retain your digital contribution receipt for tax purposes.
- If you are a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare, or Optum employee, please visit the United for Giving* portal to request a match and double your donation. Contributions will be matched by the United Health Foundation to help further your impact.
* Please indicate "UHCCF Pic My Pet" in the Comments for Charity field.
- Not a UnitedHealth Group Employee? Check out the Double the Donation company match finder tool to see if your employer will match your donation to UHCCF.
Need help finding your receipt? Log back into your GoGo Photo Contest account and click on the Donation Receipt
button on your dashboard.
Can I vote for my own pet?
Of course! You are more than welcome to cast as many votes as you'd like for your own pet's photo. In fact, upon entering the contest, you'll have the ability to apply votes to your pet's page.
What prizes are available?
- First Place: $2,500 VISA Gift Card
- Second Place: $1,000 VISA Gift Card
- Third Place: $500 VISA Gift Card
The top three winning pets will also be featured on next year's 2022 Pic My Pet Photo Contest website, and in promotional materials.
The first 300 entries will receive a collapsible pet bowl from our generous friends at Figo Pet.
All contestants that raise $200 or more will be eligible to receive a complimentary copy of the award winning UHCCF Simply Silly Animal Jokes joke book.
Click here for full prize details
How will I know my pet has won?
The leaderboard at the bottom of the home page will always display the Top 10. To see all of the entries or to search for a specific pet, click here.
When the contest ends, the entries with the most votes win the contest and the prize(s) associated with the top three spots! Upon conclusion of the campaign, final results will be displayed and a member of the UHCCF team will personally reach out to confirm your placement and the details for receiving your complimentary gifts.
Who are our sponsors?
Click here to learn more about Figo pet.
Click here to learn more about UnitedHealthcare and Optum
How does my contribution help kids?
All proceeds raised from the Pic My Pet Photo Contest will help UHCCF provide families with timely financial support through a medical grant.
The mission of UHCCF is to provide medical grants that significantly enhance the clinical condition or quality of life of children across the United States, covered under a commercial health insurance plan and are 16 years old or younger.
UHCCF is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that provides medical grants to help children gain access to health-related services not covered, or not fully covered, by their family’s commercial health insurance plan.
Families can receive up to $5,000 annually per child ($10,000 lifetime maximum per child), and do not need to have insurance through UnitedHealthcare to be eligible.
UHCCF was founded in 1999. Since 2007, UHCCF has awarded 27,350 grants valued at $57.5M to children and their families across the United States. UHCCF’s funding is provided by contributions from individuals, corporations and UnitedHealth Group employees.
To learn more about UHCCF, please visit www.uhccf.org.
Please contact the UHCCF team at email@example.com.