- The Roc Top Pet contest is open to anyone 21-years-old or older by the time the contest closes on February 28th, 2022.
- The contest is open to dogs living in the Greater Rochester Area which includes Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming and Yates counties!
- The previous Top Dog is not eligible for top prizes.
- Pet must be living and residing with the owner during the duration of the contest and must be present for the top 5 reveal event.
- Pet must not be involved in any litigious situations.
- Entry into the contest runs from February 1st at 8am through February 6th with voting beginning on February 7th. You may enter your pet into the contest at any time, but the earlier you enter the more time you have to collect votes!
- There is a $10 fee to enter your pet, for which you automatically receive 10 votes! If you have multiple pets, you will need to take separate photos of each and post them separately. The $10 entry fee applies to each pet you enter.
- No photos of people — just your pet! Photos submitted in the contest should meet the following requirements to be acceptable for printing.
- 200 dpi (300 dpi preferred).
- Photos should be in focus and clear from obstruction.
- Photos should be a close-up of the pet, try not to submit photos where the pet is sitting off in the distance.
- Provide a few short sentences explaining what makes your pet the “best pet in the Greater Rochester Area!”
- All entries must be accompanied with necessary contact information in the event your pet is voted the winner.
- Once entered, photo submissions become the property of the VSAS to be used at its discretion for print and marketing purposes.
- Voting begins February 7th, 2022 and ends February 28th at 8pm, 2022.
- Votes cost $1 per vote with no maximum on how many votes someone can buy. For example, a friend can give 100 votes to your pooch by donating $100 in a single transaction.
- You can vote as often and as many times as you’d like!
- The only way to enter the contest is through the contest website. Contest payments are online through a secure site. Monetary donations and photo entries that are submitted via other means (mail, in-person, email, etc.) will be accepted as donations but NOT applied toward the contest.
- The Roc Top Pet contest is a fundraiser for the Verona Street Animal Society who helps support pets in need within the community
- All donations for votes are non-refundable. Entries and donations must be made via the online contest page.
The Roc Top Pet contest will officially launch February 1, 2022 at 8am and end on February 28th, 2022 at 8pm ET. Upon the conclusion of the voting deadline, results will be top secret until revealed at the Roc Top Pet Ale can release. Winners will be notified the week after the contest ends with details.
- Prizes will be awarded to the Top 5 Pets that receive the most votes. Placement will be determined first through fifth based solely on the number of votes collected. For additional prize details, please visit the prizes page.
- Verona Street Animal Society will attempt to notify the top five vote-getters via telephone or email the week after the contest ends.
- If any winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days after the date of the first attempt and after multiple attempts thereafter, the next highest vote-getter will be added to the top five winner group. The winner group will then be re-sorted by votes to define first through fifth places.
Lead sponsor includes Three Heads Brewing. Many other prize sponsors can be viewed at the bottom of each website page. Please remember to support our generous sponsors throughout the year. This fundraiser is being conducted by Verona Street Animal Society which supports Rochester Animal Services.
LAWS & LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
This is the required "fine print." All federal, state, local, and municipal laws and regulations apply.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of VSAS which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements of the contest.
- In the event that the operation of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, VSAS may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the contest and, in the event of termination, award the prize from among the eligible, legitimate entries received up to the time of the impairment.
- VSAS reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive or offensive manner.
- By participating in the contest, entrants agree that all photos, videos, descriptions, and likeness of the pet and their owners submitted to the contest or taken at contest sponsored events can be used without permission by contest sponsors to promote this contest or any future contests the sponsors might develop. This includes but is not limited to using items in social media posts, websites, posters, flyers, specially brewed beer products, and other promotional products.
- By participating in the Contest, entrants also agree to release and hold harmless VSAS, all other Sponsors, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the prize(s).