Roc Top Pet Prizes:
While the real prize is bragging rights and doing good for the community, the winner(s) of the Roc Top Pet contest also gets to take home some pretty awesome prizes. We're especially excited that the Roc Top Pet will be featured on the Top Pet Ale, a specially blended brew created by brewmasters from Three Heads Brewing!
The brew will be sold as a limited release beer at their brewery and distributed in local Wegmans stores!
Check out the full list of prizes below*
The pet with the most votes will be crowned the Roc Top Pet and be featured on the specialty Top Pet Ale brewed by Three Heads Brewing. They will also receive:
The pet with the second-highest number of votes will win the following prizes:
The pet with the third-highest number of votes will sweep up the following prizes:
The pet with the fourth-highest number of votes will win the following prizes:
The pet with the fifth-highest number of votes will sweep up the following prizes: Please visit all of our tremendous partners listed below. They care as much about animals in the Rochester Area as we do, and this event would not be possible without their support.
*Prizes are subject to change. Winning pets may also be asked to do media interviews and attend promotional events during 2024.
- The Roc Top Pet contest is open to anyone 21-years-old or older by the time the contest closes at 8:00:00 PM (Eastern Time) on Thursday, February 29, 2024.
- The contest is open to pets living in the Greater Rochester Area which includes Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming and Yates counties!
- If you have been awarded Top Pet in the past you are not eligible for top prizes.
- Pet must be living and residing with the owner during the duration of the contest and must be present for the top 5 reveal event.
- Pet must not be involved in any litigious situations.
- Entry into the contest runs from 8:00:00 AM (Eastern Time) on Thursday, February 1, 2024 through 8:00:00 PM (Eastern Time) on Thursday, February 29, 2024 with voting beginning at 12:00:00 AM (Eastern Time) on Monday, February 5, 2024. You may enter your pet into the contest at any time, but the earlier you enter the more time you have to collect votes!
- There is a $10 fee to enter your pet, for which you automatically receive 10 votes! If you have multiple pets, you will need to take separate photos of each and enter them separately into the contest. The $10 entry fee applies to each pet you enter.
- No photos of people — just your pet! Photos submitted in the contest should meet the following requirements to be acceptable for printing.
- 200 dpi (300 dpi preferred).
- Photos should be in focus and clear from obstruction.
- Photos should be a close-up of the pet, try not to submit photos where the pet is sitting off in the distance.
- Provide a few short sentences explaining what makes your pet the "best pet in the Greater Rochester Area!"
- All entries must be accompanied with necessary contact information in the event your pet is voted the winner.
- Once entered, photo submissions become the property of the VSAS to be used at its discretion for print and marketing purposes.
- Voting begins at 12:00:00 AM (Eastern Time) on Monday, February 5, 2024 and ends at 8:00:00 PM (Eastern Time) on Thursday, February 29, 2024.
- Votes cost $1 per vote with no maximum on how many votes someone can buy. For example, a friend can give 100 votes to your pet by donating $100 in a single transaction.
- You can vote as often and as many times as you'd like!
- The only way to enter the contest is through the contest website. Contest payments are online through a secure site. Monetary donations and photo entries that are submitted via other means (mail, in-person, email, etc.) will be accepted as donations but NOT applied toward the contest.
- The Roc Top Pet contest is a fundraiser for the Verona Street Animal Society who helps support pets in need within the community
- All donations for votes are non-refundable. Entries and donations must be made via the online contest page.
The Roc Top Pet contest will officially launch 8:00:00 AM (Eastern Time) on Thursday, February 1, 2024 and end at 8:00:00 PM (Eastern Time) on Thursday, February 29, 2024.
Upon the conclusion of the voting deadline, results will be top secret until revealed at the Roc Top Pet Ale can release. Winners will be notified the week after the contest ends with details.
- Prizes will be awarded to the Top 5 Pets that receive the most votes. Placement will be determined first through fifth based solely on the number of votes collected. For additional prize details, please visit the prizes page.
- Verona Street Animal Society will attempt to notify the top five vote-getters via telephone or email the week after the contest ends.
- If any winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days after the date of the first attempt and after multiple attempts thereafter, the next highest vote-getter will be added to the top five winner group. The winner group will then be re-sorted by votes to define first through fifth places.
Lead sponsor includes Three Heads Brewing. Many other prize sponsors can be viewed at the bottom of each website page. Please remember to support our generous sponsors throughout the year. This fundraiser is being conducted by Verona Street Animal Society which supports Rochester Animal Services.
LAWS & LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
This is the required "fine print." All federal, state, local, and municipal laws and regulations apply.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of VSAS which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements of the contest.
- In the event that the operation of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, VSAS may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the contest and, in the event of termination, award the prize from among the eligible, legitimate entries received up to the time of the impairment.
- VSAS reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive or offensive manner.
- By participating in the contest, entrants agree that all photos, videos, descriptions, and likeness of the pet and their owners submitted to the contest or taken at contest sponsored events can be used without permission by contest sponsors to promote this contest or any future contests the sponsors might develop. This includes but is not limited to using items in social media posts, websites, posters, flyers, specially brewed beer products, and other promotional products.
- By participating in the Contest, entrants also agree to release and hold harmless VSAS, all other Sponsors, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the prize(s).
How do I enter?
Click "Enter Contest" on the homepage of the contest, then create an account and upload a picture of your pet. Write an epic profile describing your pet, pay your $10 donation (which counts as 10 votes as well) and you're all set!
How do I vote?
To cast your votes, visit the contest page
, click "View Entries & Vote," and choose your favorite contestant(s). Then, simply pick your favorite(s) and cast your votes!
Can I vote more than once?
Absolutely! There is no limit to the number of votes you can purchase, the number of times you vote, and/or the number of entries you vote on! Every dollar generated from voting helps pets in the community, so the more, the merrier.
How do I view my entries and/or votes?
Once you are logged into the contest site, use the navigation menu on the upper right hand corner and click "Manage My Account." From this screen, you will be given the option to view your entries and/or votes.
What is the vote bank?
The vote bank is an infrequently used option. This feature allows voters to purchase all of their votes (for a single contest) at one time, on a single credit card transaction. Banked votes can only be used in the contest they were originally purchased in (can't be used in a different contest). Once you've banked your votes, you can allocate them to multiple entries throughout the duration of the event. Banked votes must be used before the contest ends. Any unallocated votes will be considered a contest donation.
Can I enter offline donations?
Due to the administrative efforts involved in adding offline donations to the contest, all votes must be submitted online, directly through the online contest page.
How do winners collect prizes?
The Event Coordinator will attempt to notify winning participants by email or telephone within one week of the contest end date. The Prize winners will be given instructions about where to pick up prizes and the Top 5 Pet's Reveal party.
When will the Top Pet Ale beer be released?
The Top 5 Pets along with the Top Pet Ale will be revealed on Sunday, March 24 at Three Heads Brewing. The Top Pet Ale will then be available for purchase in their tap room and in local Wegmans stores.
How do I get a receipt for my contributions?
A receipt will be automatically emailed to you from firstname.lastname@example.org after each contribution to the contest. These receipts will show your contribution amount to Roc Top Pet – Verona Street Animal Society which is the charitable 501c3 organization collecting funds to support pets in need in the Rochester community.
If you do not receive your receipt via email, you can find your yearly combined contributions receipt by logging into the contest site and then navigating to My Account > Manage My Account > Donation Receipt, or directly at this link: https://www.gogophotocontest.com/vsas/receipt
Can I change my pet's photo after entering the contest?
Unfortunately, there is not a way for participants to change the photo that is used in their entry, and due to the administrative efforts involved in running this contest, our administrators will not be able to manage requests for photo changes. Remember only ONE pet per profile!