- The Roc Top Dog contest is open to anyone 21-years-old or older by the time the contest closes on February 28th, 2021.
- The contest is open to dogs living in the Greater Rochester Area which includes Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming and Yates counties!
- Entry into the contest runs from February 1st at 8am through February 7th with voting beginning on February 8th. You may enter your dog into the contest at any time, but the earlier you enter the more time you have to collect votes!
- There is a $10 fee to enter your dog, for which you automatically receive 10 votes! If you have multiple dogs, post individual photos of each. and make separate profiles. No photo of multiple dogs will be accepted. The $10 entry fee applies to each dog you enter.
- No photos of people — just your dog! Photos submitted in the contest should meet the following requirements to be acceptable for printing.
- 200 dpi (300 dpi preferred).
- Photos should be in focus and clear from obstruction.
- Photos should be a close-up of the pet, try not to submit photos where the pet is sitting off in the distance.
- Provide a few short sentences explaining what makes your dog the "best dog in the Greater Rochester Area!"
- Optional: add a fun video to your pets profile page to emphasize why your dog is the best!
- All entries must be accompanied with necessary contact information in the event your dog is voted the winner.
- Once entered, photo submissions become the property of the VSAS to be used at its discretion for print and marketing purposes.
- Voting begins February 8th, 2021 and ends February 28th at 8pm, 2021.
- Votes cost $1 per vote with no maximum on how many votes someone can buy. For example, a friend can give 100 votes to your pooch by donating $100 in a single transaction.
- You can vote as often and as many times as you'd like!
- The Roc Top Dog contest is a fundraiser for the Verona Street Animal Society who helps support community pets in need!
- All donations for votes are non-refundable.
The Roc Top Dog contest will officially launch February 1, 2021 at 8am and end on February 28th, 2021 at 8pm ET.
Upon the conclusion of the voting deadline, results will be top secret until revealed at the Top Dog Ale Brew/The Fast & The Furriest kick off party (yet TBD). Winners will be notified the week after the contest ends with details.
- Prizes will be awarded to the Top 5 Dogs that receive the most votes. Placement will be determined first through fifth based solely on the number of votes collected. For additional prize details, please visit the prizes page.
- Verona Street Animal Society will attempt to notify the top five vote-getters via telephone or email the week after the contest ends.
- If any winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days after the date of the first attempt and after multiple attempts thereafter, the next highest vote-getter will be added to the top five winner group. The winner group will then be re-sorted by votes to define first through fifth places.
Lead sponsor includes Three Heads Brewing. Prize sponsors can be viewed at the bottom of each website page. Please remember to support our generous sponsors throughout the year. This fundraiser is being conducted by Verona Street Animal Society which supports Rochester Animal Services.
Laws & Limitation of Liability:
This is the required "fine print." All federal, state, local, and municipal laws and regulations apply.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of VSAS which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements of the contest.
- In the event that the operation of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, VSAS may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the contest and, in the event of termination, award the prize from among the eligible, legitimate entries received up to the time of the impairment.
- VSAS reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive or offensive manner.
- By participating in the contest, entrants agree that all photos, videos, descriptions, and likeness of the dogs and their owners submitted to the contest or taken at contest sponsored events can be used without permission by contest sponsors to promote this contest or any future contests the sponsors might develop. This includes but is not limited to using items in social media posts, websites, posters, flyers, specially brewed beer products, and other promotional products.
- By participating in the Contest, entrants also agree to release and hold harmless VSAS, all other Sponsors, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the prize(s).