Preservation Connecticut is proud to present a juried photography show, "Picturing History: Historic Barns of Connecticut."
We are continuing our commitment to Connecticut's barns by welcoming serious amateur and student photographers ages 8 years old and up to submit works featuring the interior or exterior of barns (any condition) in the following categories: color, black & white, detail, and smart phone images. Submissions will be accepted online from June 1 to September 1, 2020. A donation fee of $25 per entry is required and there is no limit on entries.
Your jurors are:
Todd Levine, Architectural Historian at the State Historic Preservation Office and former director of the Historic Barns of Connecticut survey project completed by Preservation Connecticut
Lisa Hayes Williams, Associate Curator at the New Britain Museum of American Art
Jeremy Frost, Professional Photographer and partner at Frostedworks.com
In October of 2020, Preservation Connecticut will proudly display the jury's selected works at the Art League of New Britain's beautiful gallery space in a circa 1870 barn followed by additional exhibitions across the state.
- 40 total photographs for exhibition
- 10 in each category
- 36 picked by the jury/4 Viewer's Choice picked by online voting
- Exhibition will travel for one year to four Connecticut locations.
- From selected photographs, the jury will pick:
- Best in Show (additional prize of $250 gift certificate to a photography store)
- Student's Best
- GoGoPhoto online contest will determine:
- Viewer's Choice (one in each category)
- Top 10 will be featured in 2021 Historic Barns of Connecticut calendar along with Best in Show and Student's Best.