This event is a facilitated fundraiser
where a company or individual sponsors a nonprofit charity. The sponsorship funds go to the Columbus Kiwanis Foundation and enable a nonprofit to participate and raise funds in the Virtual Regatta! The Columbus Kiwanis Foundation's charitable works support youth programs and this event specifically helps support the award-winning Columbus Metropolitan Library's Summer Reading Challenge.All of the funds raised from this event are going to support charitable works!
100% of the virtual regatta racing proceeds go to the nonprofit charities! Please check out our "logo sponsors"
at the bottom of this page and click through to their websites!
How does a NONPROFIT CHARITY join the Virtual Regatta?
- Register your nonprofit yacht on the racing site - Regatta Registration 2022
- Receive a yacht from a member of the Kiwanis Crew and decorate it: Be creative, use your logo, a fun descriptive theme, etc. to show your team spirit and creativity!
- Take a photo of your yacht and upload your photo - Regatta Registration 2022
- A Kiwanis harbormaster will approve your entry and you will be live!
- Once live, you are at the helm - encourage your supporters, business partners, friends, family, or anyone to vote for your yacht and raise funds for your charity!
How do you "race" your yacht in the Virtual Regatta?
- Each vote ($1 per vote) will propel your yacht! There is no limit on the number of votes or frequency of votes cast. 100% of proceeds go to charitable causes!
- While every yacht and its designated charity are winners, the three yachts with the most votes (dollars raised) will win additional Kiwanis prizes!
When do you race your yacht?
- The virtual regatta launches on July 1st with an exciting finish on August 1st.
- Entries can continue throughout July – there is no such thing as a late start!
- Don't get caught dead in the water - join the regatta today!
What are the prizes for race winners?
Companies and Individuals - Please consider becoming a sponsor
- First Place - $1,000 in addition to the funds raised by your votes!
- Second Place - $500 in addition to the funds raised by your votes!
- Third Place - $250 in addition to the funds raised by your votes!
- sponsorship funds go to the nonprofit Columbus Kiwanis Foundation to support local programs in Franklin County and the City of Columbus, including the Columbus Metropolitan Library's Summer Reading Challenge!
How do you SPONSOR a nonprofit charity's yacht?
- Go to the Kiwanis Club of Columbus website to sign up - Kiwanis Regatta
- A member of our Kiwanis crew will contact you and confirm your charity pairing.
- You will be listed as a sponsor of the charity's yacht! Promote your involvement and encourage folks to vote for your charity's yacht!
About the Columbus Kiwanis Foundation
The Columbus Kiwanis Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, was established in 1970 as the conduit through which funds are channeled toward charitable activities in the Columbus community. Foundation funds are realized from donations, bequests, and fund-raising projects such as the Kiwanis Club of Columbus Charity Regatta.