Calling All Beautiful Beagles!
Celebrate your photogenic pup and help dogs in need through our largest annual fundraiser. Proceeds from the contest provide the much-needed medical treatment for the hundreds of beagles we save each year. We love all beagles and beagle mixes and welcome entries from all beagle owners.
Entry: Sept. 1–25, 2022
Voting: Sept. 1 – Oct. 2, 2022 EXTENDED TO OCT 9, 2022 due to Hurricane Ian.
How it Works
- Register here to submit your pet’s photo. Each entry is $10, with no limit on how many photos you enter. The first 120 photos are guaranteed to be featured in the calendar collage.
- Enter by Sept. 7 with $20 donated in votes, and receive a bonus of 10 votes!
- Vote early and vote often. Every dollar donated earns one vote, so vote as many times as you like!
- The top 13 online vote-getters will earn a spot in the calendar, with the most popular photo shown on the cover.
How to Win
Ask your friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors to vote by donating! Share your beagle’s entry page to everyone you know so they can vote for your dog to be highlighted in one of the calendar photos..
- Voting is open between Sept 1 – Oct 9.
- Text or email your pet’s page with a personalized note to everyone you know - friends, family, neighbors, co-workers. Include how their votes help homeless pets. $1 donation per vote with a minimum of $5 donation.
- Share your pet's page on social media asking your followers to vote.
- The more you communicate your participation in the contest, the better chance you have to win one of the top spots.
Summary of Contest Entry Requirements
- Only beagles, beagle mixes, or dogs adopted from TBBR can enter the contest. Your beagle or beagle mix does not have to be adopted from TBBR to enter.
- If your dog is not a beagle or beagle mix, it must have been adopted from TBBR in order to enter the calendar contest.
- All other dog breeds and companion animals can participate in Pet of the Day.
- Photo must be in color.
- Use a high resolution camera or camera with a minimum of 8 megapixels. iPhone 6 or newer should work.
- No humans in photos.
Check out our FAQ, Rules, and Photography Tips for more details!
The Grand Prize winner with the most votes will be featured on the front cover of our 2023 Calendar and win a 2023 TBBR Calendar.
2nd thru 13th Place
The 12 entry winners with the next highest votes will be featured inside prominently on a month in our 2023 calendar and win a 2023 TBBR Calendar.
Additionally, participants (excluding 1st through 13th place) who achieve 250 votes or more will have their photos highlighted on the 2023 Honorable Mentions page and win a 2023 TBBR Calendar.
Judges Choice Award winners in the following categories will receive recognition in the calendar!
- Most Comical
- Most Photogenic
- Best Seasonal Photo - can be any season, e.g., Summer, Winter…
- Best Holiday - can be any holiday
- Best Puppy Photo - under 1 year old
- Best Senior Photo - over 8 years old
- Best Costume/Dressed Photo
- Best Friends Furever Photo
*See Official Rules for Details
Reserve a Day to Honor your Pet or Mark a Special Occasion
It’s easy to showcase your beloved pet as a Pet of the Day. Honor their birthday, "gotcha day" adoption anniversary, or a holiday to feature your pet. You just need a horizontal photo of the pet (all animal types are welcome) submitted between Sept. 1 and Oct. 15.
Pet Days are $10 per day, and major holidays are $20 per day (New Year's Day, Valentine's Day, Saint Patrick's Day, Easter, Fourth of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Eve).
Every pet deserves their very own day! Dates are reserved on a first come first served basis so don't miss out.
Reserve Your Day Here →
Want to Pre-order Your Calendar(s)?
The 2023 TBBR Calendar makes a great holiday gift! Order by Nov. 7 to have it in time for the holiday season! Sales from the calendar help with the much needed funds for animals in the TBBR's care.
Calendar orders received after Nov. 7 are sold on a first come basis. Expect delivery in early December.
Calendar Order →