Raise funds for charity and raise awareness of your business and your favorite charity by decorating your Kiwanis provided yacht, uploading a photo online, and "racing" your yacht!
In the regatta,
you will raise funds for your favorite charity so even if you don't win the race, your charity still wins! 60% of your funds raised go to your charity and 40% goes to the Columbus Kiwanis Foundation to support youth programs in central Ohio including the Columbus Metropolitan Library's Summer Reading Challenge, which is more important than ever for our city's children!
How do you join the Virtual Regatta?
- Submit an entry to The Kiwanis Club of Columbus - https://columbuskiwanis.org/(X(1)S(wktqeh2k5142d1141hkm4vjp))/donate
- Receive your yacht from Kiwanis and decorate with logo, etc. – be creative!
- Take a photo of your yacht to show your team spirit and creativity!
- Upload your photo to - gogophotocontest.com/cbuskiwanisregatta
- A Kiwanis harbormaster will approve your online entry and you will be live!
- Once live, you are at the helm - encourage your employees, business partners, friends, family, anyone to vote for your yacht and raise funds for charity!
- If you want to be a Sponsor of the event click here https://columbuskiwanis.org/(X(1)S(wktqeh2k5142d1141hkm4vjp))/donate
How do you "race" your yacht?
- $1 online votes will propel your yacht in our virtual race.
- All proceeds will go to charitable causes in central Ohio!
- The most votes will win the regatta, but our charities will be the real winners!
When do you race your yacht?
- The virtual regatta launches on July 20th with an exciting conclusion on August 31st.
- There will be a big push on the final days of the race so there is no such thing as a late start, but don't get caught dead in the water, please join the regatta today!
What are the prizes for race winners?
- First Place - $1000 to your charity (plus 60% of funds generated by your votes)
- Second Place - $500 to your charity (plus 60% of funds generated by your votes)
- Third Place - $250 to your charity (plus 60% of funds generated by your votes)
About the Columbus Kiwanis Foundation
The Columbus Kiwanis Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, was established in 1970 as the conduit through which funds are channeled toward charitable activities in the Columbus community. Foundation funds are realized from donations, bequests and fund-raising projects such as the Columbus Kiwanis Charity Regatta