Welcome to Illinois Birddog Rescue's Have A Heart 3
Calendar contest. This contest is dedicated to all the dogs we bring into the program that are struggling with heartworms and also tick-borne disease. Each year we bring in many dogs that need extra care due to neglect and this year was no exception. As I was working on the 2018 calendars last December- we were working hard to bring in 3 Lemon Pointers from Kentucky-Holly
and Queen Victoria
- a mother and her older pups all heartworm positive and fighting tick borne disease. We thought we were going to lose Victoria this spring, but she rallied and is a fighter and doing much better even though she lost most of her teeth and has cancer besides. In January we brought in handsome Kyle
from southern Illinois and he was so sickly and then came February when I saw photos of Olivia
—an English Setter, struggling with mange besides her heartworms on death row in North Carolina. Adorable Pointer Tucker
and German Shorthair Pointer Dewberry
came in a few months later- both from southern Illinois- both so thin and also fighting heartworms and tick-borne disease. In July, we heard about Gloriosa
- a Pointer mix that was covered in ticks when she came to the shelter in North Carolina. Further X-rays revealed that she has a shattered hip bone, a possible bullet in her arm pit and will need surgery once she is strong enough.
Funds raised from Have A Heart 3
will help us with the continued care of these dogs and many of the dogs in our program fighting tick borne disease. Cost to help any of these dogs can be in the hundreds and hip surgery will be close to $1,000 besides. In the past few contests- we have had many amazing photo submissions and are so grateful for the support. As this is our 15th year as an official 501c3 Charity- I set our goal at $15,000 with the hopes that we can reach that amount and help so many more dogs. We've come close to our $10,000 goal the last 2 years- so we will need as much help as we can get to reach this lofty new goal.
GRAND PRIZE WINNER- The Photo Entry with the Most Votes/Donations:
- Donated to Illinois Birddog Rescue by adopters Peggy Morsch and Kathy Herson, the first place winner with the most votes for their pet's photo in our Contest wins a 7-10 day/night stay at this beautiful Smyrna Beach Condo in Florida. Available dates are May 1st through August 31st and November 1st through December 31st 2019. This does not include airfare or transportation. (Prize is valued at $750- $1,000)
Click here for more details »
- Winning photo will be the cover of the Have a Heart Calendar Contest and an insert into the calendar.
2nd Place Dog: NEW Bissell Spotbot Vacuum Cleaner
2nd - 12th Place Dogs:
- Second through twelfth place winners win the other coveted monthly calendar cover pages.
Check out last years winners on Facebook
12 photos will be chosen out of the contest photos submitted for IBR's new Afield Winery wine labels and Field of Dreams scented candle labels. Winning photos will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Images should be of working dogs in the field as in hunting/running or pointing and that includes hunting breeds and hounds.
- Images must be high resolution/ high pixel count per inch.