- Entrants must be over the age of 18 at the time of entry.
- Your pet does NOT have to be adopted from the Humane Society of Harrisburg Area to be eligible to enter the contest.
- Entry fee is $5 per photo. You may enter as many photos as you want, but you must pay the entry fee for each photo entered.
- Each photo may only have one pet in it. You must submit a different entry for each pet.
- Photos must be of dogs or cats only; people are not allowed in the photo. All animals must be depicted in a humane manner.
- Any photo that is deemed to be inappropriate or that does not comply with rules will be removed from the contest.
- You may enter a pet that has crossed the rainbow bridge.
Entering a Photo
- Entry period is from 8:00:00 AM (Eastern Time) on Monday, May 1, 2023 and ends at 7:00:00 PM (Eastern Time) on Wednesday, May 31, 2023.
- Photos must be 150 dpi or higher (300 dpi preferred)
- By entering a photo, you warrant that you have the rights to use the photo and the entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party or violate the privacy rights of a third party.
- Photos with professional photographer watermarks will not be eligible.
- All photos must be submitted online to be eligible.
- All photos submitted become the property of the Humane Society of Harrisburg Area
- Each vote is $1. There is no limit to the number of times a person can vote. Voting period begins on 8:00:00 AM (Eastern Time) on Monday, May 1, 2023 and ends at 7:00:00 PM (Eastern Time) on Wednesday, May 31, 2023.
The GRAND PRIZE winners (2) will be the one cat and one dog whose entries received the most votes in their respective categories at the close of the voting period. Their images will appear together on crowler labels of a brew specially made for the contest, debuting at Poochella on June 17th, 2023.
- In the event of a tie vote in either category, the winner will be the participant with the earlier entry date.
- The RUNNERS UP (2) will be the one cat and one dog whose entries receive the second highest number of votes in their respective categories at the close of the voting period.
- In the event of a tie vote in either category, the runners up will be the participants with the earlier entry date.
- All winners will be notified no later than June 9th, 2023 via e-mail. Winners will be asked to keep from sharing the news publicly until HSHA does a public announcement.
Detailed Contest Rules
ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. Peace, Love, & Paws Crowler Contest (the "Contest") is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2. Primary Sponsor. The Contest is primarily sponsored by Humane Society of Harrisburg Area, located at 7790 Grayson Road, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17111.
3. Agreement to Official Rules. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
4. Contest Period.
The Contest begins on May 01, 2023 at 8:00am EST and ends on May 31, 2023 at 7:00PM EST (the "Contest Period"). Entries that are submitted before or after the Contest Period will be disqualified. Submissions will be accepted for the duration of the Contest using any of the following methods: Online
5. How to Enter. Online: This method of entry will be available by visiting our website (https://www.gogophotocontest.com/humanesocietyhbg) and following the directions provided to fill out the entry information, and submit.
6. General Conditions. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the Contest and, in the event of termination, award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorney's fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
7. Release and Limitations of Liability. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with the Contest, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors; (d) application downloads, (e) any other errors or problems in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Contest, the announcement of the winner, the cancellation or postponement of the event and/or the flyover, if applicable, the incorrect downloading of the application, the processing of entries application downloads or in any Contest-related materials; or (f) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrants participation in the Contest or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorney's fees. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
8. Disputes. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Pennsylvania. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Pennsylvania.