- Contest is open to all pugs and pug mixes that have ever had a relationship with Pug Rescue of Florida (fosters, adopted, etc.)
- Contest begins on June 1, 2020. Entering contest photos ends on June 30 @ 12pm eastern time. Voting ends on July 20, 2020 at 9:00pm eastern standard time.
- 2021 Pug Rescue of Florida calendars will be available for pre-order through June 30, 2020. Cost per calendar is $15 plus $5 shipping ($20 total).
PHOTO CONTEST ENTRY FEES
- Entry fee is $30 per photo and includes a calendar, plus $5 shipping ($35 total). Participants may enter as many photos as they want, but each photo will have a separate entry fee.
- Note: The $30 entry fee covers the photo contest entry and does not guarantee pictures will be included in the final calendar. Most votes received by community voters in the photo contest will determine the 12 winners, including the cover.
- One photo will be selected by the judges for inclusion on October for National Pug Month. PHOTO SUBMISSIONS
- To get a great photo, considering taking pictures outside in the shade, or inside with plenty of light on your pet's face. Getting down at their eye level can also capture a wonderful image of their personality! Landscape mode is preferred, but portrait mode will be accepted.
- All photo entries must be original work of the entrant – you must own the copyright of the photograph.
- Photos must not include filters, text, or watermarks.
- Photos for the calendar contest should be submitted as a jpg, pdf or tif with as high resolution as possible. They should be 300 dpi, and preferably 8x10 for print in the calendar.
- Photos for the Reserve a Calendar Day option can be smaller (4x6 or larger).
- Photos must be digital; No hard copy entries will be accepted.
- Submission of entry represents your consent for photo(s) to be posted for voting and to be used in the Pug Rescue of Florida calendar. Pug Rescue of Florida will retain the rights to use any photo submitted in any advertising, social media, or printing in the future.
- We ask that you submit a short story about your pet to be used during the voting period and/or in the calendar.
- Please share your entry with others and encourage them to vote!
PHOTO CONTEST WINNER CRITERIA
- The 12 photos garnering the most online votes from their friends will be winners -- the top vote earner will be on the cover of the calendar, with the remaining 11 featured one per month. The 13th winner will appear on October and will be selected by the judges.
- Each vote is $1. There is no limit to the number of votes each person can cast.
- PROoF is a 501(c) (3) organization. When you purchase votes, you are making a donation to PROoF to cover medical expenses for foster pugs— the pugs thank you for your support!
- When you complete your transaction, you will receive a confirmation email which will serve as your proof of donation. Donations are tax deductible. All donations are non-refundable.
- Due to the computer tabulating system there may be a few minutes delay between when a donation is received and when it is reflected in the leaderboard.
RESERVE A DAYWant a guaranteed spot in the calendar?
Reserve a calendar day to honor your pug/pug mix. Your pug's photo and name will appear on the day of your choice. Just choose your favorite photo, then choose the day, and pay! First come first served — once a date has been reserved, it will no longer be available. Each day is $20 and includes a calendar, plus $5 for shipping ($25 total).