2020 has been a year like no other. Forced into isolation by a global pandemic, our way of living changed like nothing we have experienced before. While we struggled to navigate our new normal consisting of lock downs, social distancing, PPE, and more -- one thing that did not change was the role that animals play in our well-being. In an unprecedented way this year, many people found or sought out the comfort of pets as we all Sheltered Together.
Maybe it's the cat whose presence helps a nurse relax after a shift, a dog whose co-worker antics help lighten the tone of a Zoom meeting, or the mutually beneficially relationship with a fostered pet who provided a new sense of purpose. Whether the pet is yours, or still awaiting a home, we want to see your photos and hear the stories about how these animals have helped you to laugh, smile, or feel connected despite the social distance of this year of unparalleled change.
Every vote that your submission garners is $1 raised to help more shelter pets get seen, saved, and onto someone's couch! This year HeARTs Speak is celebrating our 10-year anniversary as a non-profit that helps shelter animals to be seen and saved. At our core, we've always believed we are stronger together and have continued to empower our stakeholders by providing valuable resources because of people just like you, who have done their part to ensure HeARTs Speak's mission continues to advance through both good and challenging times.
Please be sure to read the contest rules
for more information, then submit your Shelter in Place story
1st - Grand Prize Package (1):
- Cover + Month of Choice
- $100 credit in HS online store
- Custom Digitally Illustrated Portrait and GIF of your pet
2nd place (1):
- Month of Choice
- $75 credit in HS online store
3rd place (1):
- Month of Choice
- $50 credit in online store
4th-11th place (8):
- Photo placement on one month of the calendar
Judges Choice (1)
- HeARTs Speak staff will choose one photo that best represents the spirit of the Shelter in Place concept for inclusion in the calendar regardless of their position in the voting.
Additional Prizes (3)
- At least 3 times during the voting period, HeARTs Speak will run pop-up giveaways for both entrants and voters -- some including opportunities for free votes! Keep your eyes on HeARTs Speak Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts.
Reserve a Day to Honor Your PetJust want a guaranteed spot in the calendar?
Reserve a day to honor your pet. This can be for your pet's adoption anniversary, birthday, loved one's birthday, memorial or really any special day! Your pet's photo will appear on the day of your choice. Just choose your favorite photo and then choose the day and pay! First come first served! Once a date has been reserved, it will no longer be available.Reserve Your Day Here →
Want to Pre-order Your Calendar(s)?Please consider pre-ordering a calendar.
This will help us purchase the right amount of calendars so we don't waste valuable funds on extra stock.Calendar Pre-order →